ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years dependants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoaibsuleman

10 years dependants

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi

I will appreciate if somebody can help me on this. My 10 years in UK is about to complete and my wife is with me in UK for around 3.5 years. My questions are

# If I am going to apply for ILR under 10 years rule, can she able to apply for ILR with me or she need to wait until I get my ILR?
# If not, under what catgory her application need to be submitted and when she can able to apply it?
#Secondly if I am going to apply under 10 year rule and she can't submit the application with me then how long she need to wait in order to apply ILR, considering she is with me in UK from 3.5 years?

Quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shoaib

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 years dependants

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 pm

shoaibsuleman wrote:Hi

I will appreciate if somebody can help me on this. My 10 years in UK is about to complete and my wife is with me in UK for around 3.5 years. My questions are

# If I am going to apply for ILR under 10 years rule, can she able to apply for ILR with me or she need to wait until I get my ILR?
Wait until you get your ILR
# If not, under what catgory her application need to be submitted and when she can able to apply it?
FLR(M)

#Secondly if I am going to apply under 10 year rule and she can't submit the application with me then how long she need to wait in order to apply ILR, considering she is with me in UK from 3.5 years?

Depends on what visa she's currently on?

Quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shoaib
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:48 pm

My current status is Tier 1 General

She is currently Tier 1 general dependant

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:05 pm

So according to you her clock will reset and she need to wait for another 5 years or she need to complete the 5 years in which her 3.5 years stay will count? She joined me in UK around July 2010 I think?

Thanks for your quick reply so far

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 pm

How long has she got her visa valid until? Meanwhile read through this post and see how she can qualify for ILR straight after your approval.
Skydrives, Templates

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Current visa is valid until jan 2015

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Wait for your ILR and follow the procedure mentioned in my previous post.
Skydrives, Templates

shoaibsuleman

Re: 10 years dependants

Post by shoaibsuleman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi Damanisshallo

I am kind of person can't do it myself and will need a help of the solicitor. Could you please pass me(of the solicitor mentioned in above link) his number so I will try to call him to book an appointment and go through with him. I spoke to other solicitors and all are saying my wife need to extend on FLR(m) first before move to settlement.

Your quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shoaib

shoaibsuleman

ILR applications for PBS deps - spouse long residence

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi

I recently got ILR on Long residency basis, before that I was under the Tier 1 general category.

My wife joined me as a Tier 1 general dependent in June 2011. Current Tier 1 general visa will expire in Feb 2016. By the time her visa reach in 2016 she will be only 4 months short in completing 5 years.

My questions are
1) When she can apply for change of category FLR(M)? Can she apply lets say in Jan2016?
2) Can she apply for ILR upon expiration of Tier 1 General visa? Any way around where she dont need to wait for another 5 years(under FLR(M)?
3) We are expecting a baby in June this year, does financial requirement of yearly salary going to apply on her or us? & If i show my payslips which fulfill that requirement does her need to show as well?

Appreciate your help
Sh

vinny

Re: ILR applications for PBS deps - spouse long residence

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 am

1) ASAP, preferably before the fees increase.
2) No.
3) If baby will be born in the UK then baby will require no extra financial requirements. Else, yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 am

vinny wrote:1) ASAP, preferably before the fees increase.
2) No.
3) If baby will be born in the UK then baby will require no extra financial requirements. Else, yes.
Hi
Thanks for ur reply, would that be possible for you to let me know the requirement of flr(m)?

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:02 am

vinny wrote:1) ASAP, preferably before the fees increase.
2) No.
Hi
Thanks for ur reply, would that be possible for you to let me know the requirement of flr(m)? Also I don't see any changes for flr(m), would that be possible for you to point me out if there are any changes and under which cat I need to look at on the Pdf found through ur link gov.uk?

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu May 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi

Im planning to apply FLR(M) for my wife and I've got a question in regards to english language requirement.

My wife has done MBA from Pakistan and she got UKNARIC certificate(Degree comparablilty certificate) confirming her qualification is comparable to "British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree" and she got the letter from the PK university confirming all the courses taught in English.

Would that fullfil her English Language requirement or she still need to give A1(correct me if Im wrong) english test?

Appreciate your quick reply!

Ta
Shoaib

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Mon May 11, 2015 3:49 pm

I will highly appreciate if anyone can answer my query, My husband has recently got ILR through Long Residency (10 Years). He was on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa) and I came to UK on a student visa in 2006 and lived here until 2013 on an Independent visa, I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant in 2013 within the country and granted 3 years visa, My question is that if I switch my current Tier 1 Dependent visa to (ILR Spouse/Dependent), will I still be able to apply under 10 years long Residency next year or my clock will reset? And Can I carry on living on my current Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa and just apply for ILR next year?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 pm

ZFDar wrote:I will highly appreciate if anyone can answer my query, My husband has recently got ILR through Long Residency (10 Years). He was on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa) and I came to UK on a student visa in 2006 and lived here until 2013 on an Independent visa, I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant in 2013 within the country and granted 3 years visa, My question is that if I switch my current Tier 1 Dependent visa to (ILR Spouse/Dependent), will I still be able to apply under 10 years long Residency next year or my clock will reset? And Can I carry on living on my current Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa and just apply for ILR next year?
Yes, all visas can be used towards 10 years long residence applications.

Clock will reset but only to qualify on 5 years residence not 10 years long residence. If you are not planning any travel, it might be ok to stay on Tier 1 Ent and apply SET(LR) when you qualify. If you have travel plans, suggest you switch to FLR(M) first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 11, 2015 11:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Wed May 13, 2015 12:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
ZFDar wrote:I will highly appreciate if anyone can answer my query, My husband has recently got ILR through Long Residency (10 Years). He was on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa) and I came to UK on a student visa in 2006 and lived here until 2013 on an Independent visa, I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant in 2013 within the country and granted 3 years visa, My question is that if I switch my current Tier 1 Dependent visa to (ILR Spouse/Dependent), will I still be able to apply under 10 years long Residency next year or my clock will reset? And Can I carry on living on my current Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa and just apply for ILR next year?
Yes, all visas can be used towards 10 years long residence applications.

Clock will reset but only to qualify on 5 years residence not 10 years long residence. If you are not planning any travel, it might be ok to stay on Tier 1 Ent and apply SET(LR) when you qualify. If you have travel plans, suggest you switch to FLR(M) first.
Thanks for you reply

Nasimmig
Newly Registered

PBS dependants - spouse long residence

Post by Nasimmig » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi All

Please can anyone advise, I will be completing my 10 years on 30th Sep 2015 and my Mrs will be completing her 5 years as my dependant on 10 Dec 2015.

My question is can my Mrs apply for long residence after she had completed her 5 years on 10 Dec 2015 as my dependant ? I am unsure as her 5 years are combination of being my Tier1 PSW dependant from Dec 2010 till Jul 2011 and then Tier1 general dependant from Jul 2011 - till Dec 2015

Iam planning on applying for my ILR in SEP 2015 and then let her apply in Dec 2015...her current tier 1 general dependant visa expires in jun 2016

Thanks in Advance

Nas

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Nasimmig
Newly Registered

Post by Nasimmig » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks for the link Sushdmehta....the info provided in the link is bit confusing...please can you or anyone in the group reply to my question above ?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 pm

How can your spouse apply for long residence when your post says she has only 5 years residence?

If you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence, your spouse should switch to FLR(M) which will reset her clock for ILR to zero and she will be on a new 5 year route to ILR. She will not be able to apply for ILR based on PBS Dependent if you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence. The rules changed in April 2014, that is the detail that the link provides which Sushdmehta posted.

If you apply for ILR based on Tier 1 in June 2016, then she will qualify for ILR with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nasimmig
Newly Registered

Post by Nasimmig » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks for your reply CR001...what if i apply for my ilr in Dec 2015 by the my mrs would have had completed her 5 years stay as as pbs dependant ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Nasimmig wrote:the info provided in the link is bit confusing...
:?

From the linked topic:
Effect of changes to immigration rules introduced on 06-Apr-14 and qualifying residence period for settlement

PBS dependants of such migrants cannot apply for settlement without switching to FLR(M). Anyone switching to FLR(M) route on or after 06-Apr-14 will be required to spend 5 years on FLR(M) leave with the same partner to be eligible for settlement. In other words, any time spent in the UK prior to grant of such FLR(M) leave will not contribute towards qualifying residence period for the purpose of settlement. More simply, the dependant's ILR count is reset to zero.
How can I make it any more simpler? Please recommend ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Nasimmig
Newly Registered

Re: PBS dependants - spouse long residence

Post by Nasimmig » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Hello Sushdmehta

The reason i have said it is confusing because i have been advised that the rules and chanegs took effect on and after Apr 2014 only apply to people who have been granted pbs dependant visas on or after Apr 2014..which tbh makes sense

So now from what you guys have advised it seems that regardless when you been granted the visa it doesnt make any difference