ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinodt1347

Form AN

Post by vinodt1347 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:49 am

Hi all,

I did see a few threads on this form which ran into many pages. I thought it maybe good to start a new one as there were quite a few posts.

My situation.

I and family (wife and 3 kids) are in the UK since Apr, 2008 and all have IlR. I wish to apply for naturalisation for me and the kids. My wife is not applying.
Here are my questions.

1. I assume we use Form AN for all three - me and 2 kids?
2. I assume for the kids aged 17 and 13 there is no need to fill in the English language requirement?
3. For the refree should I just use the one I am using (a nurse I know and a friend). They know the kids as well. A friend told me one of the refrees should be from the school they are studying in??
4. My application will go out on 15/sep. I have an appointment with NCS on that day. I am changing my employment will leave current employer on 22/sep and join another ( a different city) on 28/sep. Should I mention this?

Best Regards
Vinod

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form AN

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:53 am

1. Form AN for youself and 2 separate form MN1 for the children. Each applicant has to complete a form. When does the oldest child turn 18?

2. Correct, no English requirement needed.

3. Referee is fine.

4. You can add the information in the 'additional information' section if you wish.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:36 am

Oldest Child turns 18 next May-2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Should be fine then. If the child turns 18 before a decision is made and approval received, you will need to pay an extra £80 for the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Thanks.

In Form MN1 and AN Section 5.3 whose date of birth is expected here - the refrees?

Also in for AN Section 1.31 - The mothers full name and maiden name is asked. In what format is this expected?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:36 pm

1. Yes, it is the referee date of birth.

2. First name, second name (if any), maiden name
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:36 am

Hi,

Final list of questions on AN

1. Section 6.12 : I had my fingerprints taken twice for extension of Visa/BRP card, however I cannot remember the exact date. Perhaps I can try to recall the year. The form asks for the date. What do I do!!

2. Refree: I plan to give our Ex-Vicar who has know me for 3+years. He is from the Indian Orthodox Church of which we are members. However he is not currently our Vicar as we have a new one for the last 1 year. Is this ok? We are still in touch.

3. English language. I will be getting a letter from NARIC with the below lines is this ok?

Title of Award: Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
English Level: The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1

Which option do I choose in Section 1.22 - I suppose it is is on page 7 where it says
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:38 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:2. Refree: I plan to give our Ex-Vicar who has know me for 3+years. He is from the Indian Orthodox Church of which we are members. However he is not currently our Vicar as we have a new one for the last 1 year. Is this ok? We are still in touch.
As long as he is still a minister of a recognised religion, then it's fine.

The qualification is that they're a minister of religion and have known you for at least 3 years, not that you are part of the same church/temple/mosque etc. (you don't even need to be of the same religion as the person, as long as they've known you for at least 3 years).

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Whats a recognised religion?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:34 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:Whats a recognised religion?
Good question - and HO don't appear to know:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _in_the_uk

The ONS are non-committal & hedging their bets too:
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/about-ons/bus ... index.html

Interesting to note that Jedi Knight falls into the 'No Religion' classification.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:02 pm

TheMouseReturns wrote:As long as he is still a minister of a recognised religion, then it's fine.
vinodt1347 wrote:Whats a recognised religion?
I presume that a minister of religion would be one, who, were he a non-EEA citizen, would be eligible for a Minister of Religion visa.

There is a list of Tier 2 & 5 sponsors, which lists organisations who have a license to apply for such visas.

That list is of course by no means exhaustive of who is a minster of religion, but it could be used as an indicative guide.
vinodt1347 wrote:I plan to give our Ex-Vicar who has know me for 3+years. He is from the Indian Orthodox Church of which we are members. However he is not currently our Vicar as we have a new one for the last 1 year.
That is fine, as long as he is a minister of religion, as TheMouseReturns highlighted. There is no requirement that he ministers to your spiritual needs. Indeed, there is no requirement that the two of you even share the same faith.