ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JUST CURIOUS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nionlight
Member of Standing

JUST CURIOUS

Post by nionlight » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:52 am

i am new in the forum. while i was reading through the forum, i saw some respected members who are USA citizen, are trying for HSMP. i am just curious, why the usa citizen will like to come uk? even with such an unstable visa like hsmp which can change any minutes. i been to u.s.a for few years and liked it so much. there was no suitable visa except marriage for me to get greencard thats why i left. others wise in my opinion if any one can get green card then u.s.a is the best for any immigrants. so i am just curious why the u.s.a citizen is applying for hsmp? :shock:

nervousbytheday
Newly Registered

Post by nervousbytheday » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:07 pm

I am a US Citizen and have applied because my boyfriend who I love very much wanted a change of pace and accepted a job offer in the UK. I want to be with him so that means that I have to try to get in there as well. I do agree, though, that the US is a great place to be also.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:11 pm

I came to the UK because my partner isn't able to immigrate to the US. It's another option for us to be together. We had other choices as well, Canada, New Zealand, etc., but getting HSMP in the UK was very fast and didn't require a long wait.

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:41 am

Another American here.

I spent about 3 years living in the UK during my postgraduate studies and really liked it there. I made several very close friendships and got involved in some voluntary work that means a lot to me. I didn't want to leave in early 2004, but my student visa was expiring and I couldn't qualify for another visa at that time.

After two years working in Corporate America I'm going back next week. I'm really looking forward to starting work as a management consultant on Monday and rejoining my social circles within the week (parties to attend both Thursday and Saturday!!).

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:23 am

ok that makes sence now :lol: so on average the americans are planning to come to UK for partner issue which makes sence. other wise i dont se any reson to leave usa and come to UK. the life style of USA is most user friendly as far as my experience says.
but at the end its every ones' personal preference.
thanks for the reply buddies... :D

Gattaca
Newly Registered

Post by Gattaca » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:19 am

I am a US citizen that is going to spend the next 3 yrs doing everything I can to start the beginning of my UK path to citizenship at the end of the 3 yrs.

I want to live in the UK and raise my kids in the UK for dozens of reasons, but mainly the culture and government.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:19 pm

I'm a US Citizen, currently living and working in the UK.

Ever since I was a small child, I'd dreamt of coming to the UK. When I came on holiday for the first time as an adult, I fell in love with one of the cities I visited. I kept returning again and again, and worked very hard to earn eligibility for the HSMP.

So you could say that I didn't fall in love with a person, but with a place.

Although if the right person came along, I would be very happy to get married and have children here.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture