ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife on dependant visa, no job at present

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmppune

Wife on dependant visa, no job at present

Post by hsmppune » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for HSMP soon. My plan is to try for jobs from India and then get an EC, apply for my wife as a dependant and leave for the UK along with her.

Is it possible to do things this way? Whatever posts I have seen on this group, people go to the UK on HSMP, work for some time and then apply for their spouse's visa.

Please let me know whether my wife can come along with me on a dependant visa, even when I have not started working in the UK. Also considering by that time I will not have any UK earnings, what documents would I need to provide for my wife to qualify for the spouse visa?

Regards
Harsh

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:24 pm

I know somebody who was able to come over the UK together with his wife and child. You just have to convince the immigration officer that you can support yourself and your wife without having any recourse to public funds while looking for a job.

hsmppune

Thanks

Post by hsmppune » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards
Harsh