ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant not registered with UKBA member of registeredbody

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joju_uk
Newly Registered

Accountant not registered with UKBA member of registeredbody

Post by joju_uk » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi,

My Tier-01 ILR is due on 10th January 2016 and planing to apply on 14th of December (28 days back). I just realized that my accountant is a dutch nationality and he has accounting certificate from Dutch not UK based. He has a UK registered company and handling my account for the past 4 year. When i have applied for my Tier-01 extension on 2012, i used the same accountant and there was no problem. however i am bit worried after looking into the guidance, does the accountant criteria same for extension as well as ILR'? . Please can anyone let me know what should i do, am not sure changing an accountant on this last minute (3 months prior applying visa) make any sense?

Kind Regards,

noajthan

Re: Accountant not registered with UKBA member of registered

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:07 pm

joju_uk wrote:Hi,

My Tier-01 ILR is due on 10th January 2016 and planing to apply on 14th of December (28 days back). I just realized that my accountant is a dutch nationality and he has accounting certificate from Dutch not UK based. He has a UK registered company and handling my account for the past 4 year. When i have applied for my Tier-01 extension on 2012, i used the same accountant and there was no problem. however i am bit worried after looking into the guidance, does the accountant criteria same for extension as well as ILR'? . Please can anyone let me know what should i do, am not sure changing an accountant on this last minute (3 months prior applying visa) make any sense?

Kind Regards,
The key test seems to be membership of one of a list of UK professional bodies rather than being based on nationality or accounting certificate.
If current accountant is not approved then, in order to apply for a visa, changing accountant will be your only option won't it?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.