ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Application via POST

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek.gite446

Tier 2 Visa Application via POST

Post by abhishek.gite446 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi,

I need some advice as I am about to apply for an extension under the same category (Tier 2 General). I wanted to know that can I apply by POST as on the website I have only seen options (Online , Priority and Premium). Can anyone tell me whether the POST option is closed. If YES then is the ONLINE option reliable ?

I also would like to know that how many years of extension should I mention in the form, as I have been in the country (Under Tier 2 General) for 3 years now. So should I mention that I only need 2 years of extension or 3 Years ?

I have heard rumours stating that people applying via POST are getting rejected for bizarre reasons. Can you please shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Visa Application via POST

Post by hassanh » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 am

Hi Abhishek,

I think you now apply online, print the application form and send it over along with the supporting documents. If online option is the only available option so there is no point on questioning its reliability. If you want to apply you can only apply through the given options.

The fees is same for up to three years visa so if your employer is ready to sponsor you for three more years then I would say you go for three years visa.

If your application is complete and you satisfy all the requirements for Tier 2 visa category, then I do not see any reason your application gets refused.

Thanks