ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what to do for my spouse ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

what to do for my spouse ?

Post by asmi_ahmad » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:17 pm

hi there, i have finally got ILR through 10 years route. my last visa was student without work allowed and my husband was dependant on me. now as i have got ILR, he is still on the old student dependant and visa is going to finish on 15 December 2015. he works full time but his pay is around £14500. i didn't had work right so didn't work at all. now only three months left and his visa will get expire. i am totally confused that what to do. one option is he work overtime but even after that he will not achieve £18600. kindly suggest me something please and i will be very thankful to all you guys.

noajthan

Re: what to do for my spouse ?

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:40 pm

asmi_ahmad wrote:hi there, i have finally got ILR through 10 years route. my last visa was student without work allowed and my husband was dependant on me. now as i have got ILR, he is still on the old student dependant and visa is going to finish on 15 December 2015. he works full time but his pay is around £14500. i didn't had work right so didn't work at all. now only three months left and his visa will get expire. i am totally confused that what to do. one option is he work overtime but even after that he will not achieve £18600. kindly suggest me something please and i will be very thankful to all you guys.
Congratulations on your ILR.

What are your respective nationalities?
Do you have children?
Do you have savings &/or do you have plans to work?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:52 pm

noajthan wrote:
asmi_ahmad wrote:hi there, i have finally got ILR through 10 years route. my last visa was student without work allowed and my husband was dependant on me. now as i have got ILR, he is still on the old student dependant and visa is going to finish on 15 December 2015. he works full time but his pay is around £14500. i didn't had work right so didn't work at all. now only three months left and his visa will get expire. i am totally confused that what to do. one option is he work overtime but even after that he will not achieve £18600. kindly suggest me something please and i will be very thankful to all you guys.
Congratulations on your ILR.

Do you have children?
we both are Pakistani. no kids and no savings because i didn't work for last one year and 2 months. yes i am applying but it will obviously take time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:29 pm

asmi_ahmad wrote:
noajthan wrote:Congratulations on your ILR.

Do you have children?
we both are Pakistani. no kids and no savings because i didn't work for last one year and 2 months. yes i am applying but it will obviously take time.
Oh that's a very tricky situation.

The obvious solutions (but all tricky options) are second job, start small business, go abroad for Surinder Singh route (if one party is EEA national/BC). Non are quick fixes.

Here's a savings calculator in case it's possible to make up the shortfall with savings:
http://crossborderlegal.co.uk/content/s ... calculator

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:38 am

noajthan wrote:
asmi_ahmad wrote:
noajthan wrote:Congratulations on your ILR.

Do you have children?

The obvious solutions (but all tricky options) are second job, start small business, go abroad for Surinder Singh route (if one party is EEA national/BC). Non are quick fixes.

Here's a savings calculator in case it's possible to make up the shortfall with savings:

Good luck.
what if he does second job for next 3 months ? will they count that pay as well. he is earning £14500 at the moment. if he does second job and earning £5000 from there, will they count those £5000 as well though he will do that job for next 3 months?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:24 am

asmi_ahmad wrote:
noajthan wrote:
asmi_ahmad wrote:

Good luck.
what if he does second job for next 3 months ? will they count that pay as well. he is earning £14500 at the moment. if he does second job and earning £5000 from there, will they count those £5000 as well though he will do that job for next 3 months?
Has to be six months.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Has to be six months.
and what if i will start doing a job this month then will it has to be for the six months or for one year ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Your husband is no longer entitled to the Student Dependent Visa as you are now a settled person.

He will now need to apply as a family member of a Settled Person. However he will fails as you do not meet the financial requirement.

You can boost your earning in the next few months and apply under CAT B, if you are able to get a job that will boost your joint earning over a 12 months period.

He needs to be careful as the Student dependent could be curtailed at anytime.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Obie wrote:
Your husband is no longer entitled to the Student Dependent Visa as you are now a settled person.

He will now need to apply as a family member of a Settled Person. However he will fails as you do not meet the financial requirement.

You can boost your earning in the next few months and apply under CAT B, if you are able to get a job that will boost your joint earning over a 12 months period.

He needs to be careful as the Student dependent could be curtailed at anytime.
thanks obie for the detailed reply. kindly tell me if i find a job now or my husband does a second job, in this case how many months payslips he needs to attach? is it 6 months or one year? specially if i find a job then can i show my coming 6 months payslips?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:46 pm

You need a minimum if six months payslips with corresponding bank statements. You won't have that before your parnters visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:09 pm

CR001 wrote:You need a minimum if six months payslips with corresponding bank statements. You won't have that before your parnters visa expires.
what i am thinking is to apply FLR(FP) in December and use delay tactics and then in march or April 2016 will vary FLR(FP) application to spouse category. in this way i will get my 6 months payslips as well if i get job this month. is it possible ?

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 am

hi there, so update is they refused my husbands spouse application in march with out right of appeal. he resigned at the end of march from his job and we applied new fresh premium application in april. they refused his second application as well but gave him right of appeal this time. now in both refusals HO accepted our relationship but they refused on financial requirement. he is going to launch appeal as we have no other option. i will start a new job which covers £18600 but to get 6 months payslips, we have to wait till november. now our question is if we launch an appeal and spend six months and then apply for a new application, is it allowed? will we able to make third fresh in country application. my spouse is in the UK btw.
waititng for early reply.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:32 pm

anyone here to help please ?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:31 pm

asmi_ahmad wrote:
CR001 wrote:You need a minimum if six months payslips with corresponding bank statements. You won't have that before your parnters visa expires.
what i am thinking is to apply FLR(FP) in December and use delay tactics and then in march or April 2016 will vary FLR(FP) application to spouse category. in this way i will get my 6 months payslips as well if i get job this month. is it possible ?
So your delay tactics didn't work, if you used any?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:41 pm

i.need.help wrote:
asmi_ahmad wrote:
So your delay tactics didn't work, if you used any?
oh yes we tried but didnt work. well can anyone answer my questions please? we are bit worried actually.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:44 pm

i have no idea why no one is replying on my post ? am i asking wrong question or is this something new you have never read ? please guys we are really worried

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 pm

We also work and have families. We don't sit online waiting for posts to pop up asking for advice.

Lodge an appeal, and hope that it does buy you the 6 months you think it will (given that your delay tactic has already not worked).

If you reach the time and are ready to apply FLR(M), you will have to withdraw the appeal first, get confirmation it has been withdrawn and then submit FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:34 pm

CR001 wrote:We also work and have families. We don't sit online waiting for posts to pop up asking for advice.

Lodge an appeal, and hope that it does buy you the 6 months you think it will (given that your delay tactic has already not worked).

If you reach the time and are ready to apply FLR(M), you will have to withdraw the appeal first, get confirmation it has been withdrawn and then submit FLR(M).
I am really sorry if i hurt anyone here. i did not mean that. i was like people were giving advice to others but just ignored my post. maybe i was thinking like this because i am bit tensed. my apology again.

so you mean to say that my spouse can submit third application with in the UK, right ?