ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detained at Liverpool EEA2 interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishtiaq7
Newly Registered

Detained at Liverpool EEA2 interview

Post by ishtiaq7 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 pm

HI everybody i want to share my EEA2 interview experience which was yesterday. well alot of people are getting detained by HO there in Liverpool passport office, trust me remember to broadcast this news to everyone who is going there for interview, my and my wife we spent nearly 7 hours there , 3 hours for me and 4 hours for my wife nearly, and unluckily i have *ucked up my case to be honest, because i applied only when they were near to deport me last year, they only let me go because i have a baby boy 6 months old. i talked to many people there and here is the summary why they are going to detain you.
-if your case is not simple like mine.
-if you applied straight after getting married.
-if you are not in relationship for more than 2 years. (you have to show bills etc.)
-if you are near to deport and then you applied.
-if you have children.
-if you are underdeveloped countries like south asians or brazil etc and you are married to someone from eastern european.

well to my best knowledge don't go for interview if you think they are suspecting you. but if you have children they cant do anything like me. Don't give them a chance like ok lets go and see what happens, they will not give you chance. 7 hours i spent there and can witness nearly 8 people have been detained. after detaining they talk to their spouse to leave to country within one month.
there is one more better way to apply is go to any EU country like if you are from India/Pakistan/Brazil and your spouse is from poland then go any EU country but not Poland and then apply for the same EEA2 RC or family permit then come back to UK using that card and then apply for RC card from UK. then they cannot detain because you already have an RC card from another EU country.
because from April 2015 rules are changed in UK to accept RC card from other eu countries.
here is the link >>>>
http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clini ... pril-2015/

but if you really are a genuine couple and are together from long time, then don't worry.
Have a Good Day everybody.

Thanks everybody

PutiniEEA

Re: Detained at Liverpool EEA2 interview

Post by PutiniEEA » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:35 am

What are the reasons to detain??

U have no right to work even u r married spouse??

Did u guys have unsimilar answers??
Don't take my advice as granted., m not solicitor, thanks :)

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:34 am

ishtiaq7 wrote:HI everybody i want to share my EEA2 interview experience which was yesterday. well alot of people are getting detained by HO there in Liverpool passport office, trust me remember to broadcast this news to everyone who is going there for interview, my and my wife we spent nearly 7 hours there , 3 hours for me and 4 hours for my wife nearly, and unluckily i have *ucked up my case to be honest, because i applied only when they were near to deport me last year, they only let me go because i have a baby boy 6 months old. i talked to many people there and here is the summary why they are going to detain you.
-if you are not in relationship for more than 2 years. (you have to show bills etc.)
-if you have children.
-if you are underdeveloped countries like south asians or brazil etc and you are married to someone from eastern european.

well to my best knowledge don't go for interview if you think they are suspecting you. but if you have children they cant do anything like me. Don't give them a chance like ok lets go and see what happens, they will not give you chance. 7 hours i spent there and can witness nearly 8 people have been detained. after detaining they talk to their spouse to leave to country within one month.
there is one more better way to apply is go to any EU country like if you are from India/Pakistan/Brazil and your spouse is from poland then go any EU country but not Poland and then apply for the same EEA2 RC or family permit then come back to UK using that card and then apply for RC card from UK. then they cannot detain because you already have an RC card from another EU country.
because from April 2015 rules are changed in UK to accept RC card from other eu countries.
here is the link >>>>

but if you really are a genuine couple and are together from long time, then don't worry.

Thanks everybody
I completely agree with you. They detained me from the interview as well. Even it was a good one. Now I am thinking to go back home and make a fresh application for any other eu country or uk. Looking for a good advice. Thanks

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Where are you now either outside detention centre or inside detention center?? Have/will they let you free or deport you??

grace16
Newly Registered

Post by grace16 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:23 am

rajib4u wrote:
ishtiaq7 wrote:HI everybody i want to share my EEA2 interview experience which was yesterday. well alot of people are getting detained by HO there in Liverpool passport office, trust me remember to broadcast this news to everyone who is going there for interview, my and my wife we spent nearly 7 hours there , 3 hours for me and 4 hours for my wife nearly, and unluckily i have *ucked up my case to be honest, because i applied only when they were near to deport me last year, they only let me go because i have a baby boy 6 months old. i talked to many people there and here is the summary why they are going to detain you.
-if you have children.

here is the link >>>>

Thanks everybody
I completely agree with you. They detained me from the interview as well. Even it was a good one. Now I am thinking to go back home and make a fresh application for any other eu country or uk. Looking for a good advice. Thanks
How long have been living together before marriage? And where is your spouse from?

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:05 am

hello guys, i have my interview call in next week .. we are married couple , and i am so upset and wodering to know what they gonna do with me ? we are geniune, but HO very strict and arresting most of the people who are going for interview ... suggest me guys what should i do ... anyone who had recently interview so plz share your experience .. really need urgent help ...