ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name and Surname Issues with HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Name and Surname Issues with HSMP

Post by johnsyk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:00 am

I applied for my HSMP last week. After looking through some of the posts here, I am worried about a name and surname issue with my application. My name is Arun and Surname is Kumar. All my documents including bank statements, salary slips, Degree certificates all give my full name as Arun Kumar. Unfortunately my passport says Arun Kumar in one line in the name column and my surname column is blank. I havent had a problem with this since I do have an American Visit Visa and a British Visit Visa issued to me. When i applied for my IELTS, I was asked to write my name according to the way it is on my passport. Hence my IELTS form shows my surname blank and my name as ARUN KUMAR. Now that I have applied for HSMP, In the application letter I have written my Name as ARUN and my surname as KUMAR. Will this create any problems? If they reject me, would i be able to apply for a review with photocopy of my passport and the various visas issues including my valid british visit visa? Please give me ure valuable comments since I am tensed.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:17 am

Hi,
If i were you, I would have kept my application form consistant with the Passport. I.e. filling in just my first name as Arun Kumar and leaving my surname.

Atleast this will ensure that the application form is in sync with the IELTS test report form.

With regard to your bank statement payslip etc. I am sure they would not give as First Name Arun and Surname as Kumar. Instead your name Arun Kumar would be specified. Correct me if I am wrong.

If this is the case I guess. the application might face some problem. But you never know. It depends on the CW. So keep finger's corssed.

Sr Member. Can he withdraw the application before the payment is processed? or should he send a FAX stating the ammendment ?

Also did you mention this in your cover letter ?

Cheers
PG

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:28 am

Well, You are right about the salary slips...bank statements etc all just saying Arun Kumar so they wouldnt have really known if I had just written ARUN KUMAR as name and left the surname blank in the HSMP application form. But the problem is there is a specific column in the first page of the application form (payment page) which clearly states.."print your surname". I reckon this column is specifically given in addition to the regular Name and Surname entries coz they might be using my surname for their computer records and database search etc. I possibly couldnt leave that column blank coz its specially asked for in addition to the regular name and surname column. If i added Kumar there..then they might read my name as Arun Kumar Kumar adding to more confusion.

Assume they reject my application, could i send for a review with a copy of my passport and the available exisiting Visas to prove that it is an entry which is in my passport for the last 8 years or so and I havent had a problem gettin US or British visas in the past? I got a 8.5 for IELTS and I did an IETLS in the first place to ensure that my application will be hassle free!

Am i allowed to send photocopys of my passport during a review? The easiest thing to do would be apply again with either a letter from the University which states that bachelors is in english. But thats another 400 pounds!!

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 am

I havent mentioned anything about this in the covering letter. Also my fee is debited and my application is waiting to be assigned to a case worker. Do you feel i might have a chance with a review? Also there is no spelling error or any additional names. Its just the Name and surname issue!

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:55 am

Well...Some kinda good news. I just called the HSMP call centre and they said that my file has been submitted to the case worker. I told the person who picked up my call about my specific name surname issue. He said though it does depend a lot on the caseworker, he doesnt think it should be a problem as long as there is no name missing. He said that if the complete name is present in the application, it should get through. He said especially with Indian passports with so many changes.. they tend to sometimes ignore these issues as long as the complete name is present. So basically...fingers crossed. Also for anyone else interested, my application was received on the 27th of Sept. They are currently working on the applications received on 21st Sept. They said they have a huge backlog so he doesnt see my application decided before two to three weeks! Well..just keeping fingers crossed!

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:17 pm

ok.no worries now! I called again and spoke to a different person at the call centre to get a second opinion since im worried stiff about spending another 400 pounds. The call centre lady was kind enough to forward the call to my case worker! I never expected to talk to the case worker directly! He looked through my file while he was on the phone with me and said that my name is not an issue. If i was a woman and there was a change of name..he would require a marriage certificate etc. Since im a man and since my full name is given, he said he as no issues with my name or surname. To quote him..he said " we are aware that in india..as part of ure culture", sometimes there could be name and surnames put in different order. As long as there is no name missing, he said not a problem. Hurray!

ajaysharmanyc2006

partial name on pay slip

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:40 pm

After reading this name thingy, I have realized that my pay slip has my partial name on them. For eg instead of AJAY SHARMA it is AJAY SHARM.
I have already submitted my application.
Can anyone suggest me what can be done now?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Ajay

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:08 pm

This could be a problem Ajay! Afterall Ajay Sharma is different from Ajay Sharm! Give HSMP a call and clarify with them! Thats what i did.

ajaysharmanyc2006

Thanks Arun

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:25 am

johnsyk wrote:This could be a problem Ajay! Afterall Ajay Sharma is different from Ajay Sharm! Give HSMP a call and clarify with them! Thats what i did.
Thank you Arun. I made a call yesterday to HO. My case has not been assigned to any case worker yet.
I have also asked my company to give a letter mentioning the correct name.

Best Regards,

Ajay

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:39 am

Your welcome. Just out of curiosity, when did your application reach HO? Just wanna figure out the timelines since you said your application has not been forwarded to a case worker yet.[/quote]

ajaysharmanyc2006

my application

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:02 am

Hi,

I sent out my application on 24th which reached HO on 27th.

Best regards,

ajay

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:05 am

Mine reached HQ on the 26th and got my reference number on the 27th. So I guess our decision would come around the same time!

dev

Post by dev » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:47 pm

johnsyk wrote:Mine reached HQ on the 26th and got my reference number on the 27th. So I guess our decision would come around the same time!
Hi johnsyk,

Whats your apps status now.

Even i had the same problem.
Eg. 1. Kishore K
2. Kishore Kumar <- Passport surname
For filling app, i had retained the way it was in my passport Surname.
and i had mention in cover letter as well saying about two versions of my name.

I have dispatched my app on 06 Oct. Went to be delivered @ HO. :)

ajaysharmanyc2006

affidavit

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:58 am

dev wrote:
johnsyk wrote:Mine reached HQ on the 26th and got my reference number on the 27th. So I guess our decision would come around the same time!
Hi johnsyk,

Whats your apps status now.

Even i had the same problem.
Eg. 1. Kishore K
2. Kishore Kumar <- Passport surname
For filling app, i had retained the way it was in my passport Surname.
and i had mention in cover letter as well saying about two versions of my name.

I have dispatched my app on 06 Oct. Went to be delivered @ HO. :)
Dev,

If I was you then I would have got affidavit regarding this difference to make my case watertight.
I have asked my company HR to send a representation on the difference in my spelling to HO which already has been delivered to the HO.
Best luck,

AJAY

johnsyk
Newly Registered

Post by johnsyk » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:47 am

My HSMP has been approved. They dont care about name or surname as long as there is no name missing or there is no spelling error.

ajaysharmanyc2006

Hsmp approved

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:29 am

Hi,

Even my HSMP got approved. I came to know it yesterday.

I was nervous wreck.

- Ajay

shakthi
Newly Registered

Post by shakthi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:09 pm

I too have similar issue with surname on passport and my office records...Will an affidavit from an indian lawyer be sufficient?
Last edited by shakthi on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jnasir
Newly Registered

Post by jnasir » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:42 am

Hi guys,

My name is Jamal Nasir and Father Name is Abdul Saleem

In my all documents my full name is Jamal Nasir.

Can anyone advice me which one of above should I write as a Surname in HSMP Form1?

shakthi
Newly Registered

Post by shakthi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Jnasir.

Whatever is the surname given in ur passport, that should be the considered while filling the HSMP application as well.

it does not matter if you have given ur father's name as surname or ur second name as surnamr...but whatever is in the passport under surname. use the same in the application and wherever applicable.

I hope you dont have any problems like ur surname is different in employer records and the passport.

satheeshkumar

Name in the evidences

Post by satheeshkumar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:31 am

Hi.
This is regarding the way name appears in the evidence that we submit for HSMP.

My first name / given name : Satheesh Kumar Madurai
Surname: Sundaresan

In driving license & in degree certificates, its given with initials,as
M.S.Satheesh Kumar

In my tax returns i gave my name as Satheesh Kumar Sundaresan (omitting my middle intial).

Will this be fine with the application?

Kindly let me know.

Regards,
Satheesh

johnsyk wrote:My HSMP has been approved. They dont care about name or surname as long as there is no name missing or there is no spelling error.

anan_78
Newly Registered

Re: Name in the evidences

Post by anan_78 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:07 pm

johnsyk wrote:My HSMP has been approved. They dont care about name or surname as long as there is no name missing or there is no spelling error.
[/quote]

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing above information. I have UK work permit visa from company but I want to go for HSMP as I am in India.

I have similiar name problem but bit complicated.

Passport:
Given Name: Vaidya Anand
The Last Name column is blank.

Now all my degree/marksheet, Driving License, Bank Accounts/statements:
V. Anand

In my company record (salary slips):
Anand Vaidyanathan

My company used to apply for visa using passport name "vaidya anand" (with first name as "vaidya" and last name as "Anand"). I got through US business visa AND UK work permit with above.

Now am applying for HSMP myself.
a) What should I use in application form as first/last name?
b) Should I get affidavit stating the above names as same?
c) Will there will "real" issue if I give different first/last names than ones I gave on other visa (especially the UK work permit)

I will appreciate if you can please comment on this. I am quite confused on what to do. Thanks a lot in advance.

regards.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Re: Name in the evidences

Post by Satnov » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi Satheesh

Can you tell me what happened here - was your application approved.

It will be very helpful.

Thanks

Sathish