ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Neutrilaztion refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Neutrilaztion refused

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Please I need advice . I apply for neutrilaztikn got refused because home office claim I was working before I got spouse visa .. It's funny to me that you never get spouse visa or indifinte leave to remain if you work on visiting visa which I was on . I have called the tax man to send me my work history , bank statement when I first open the account and national insurance also my first employee after I got my spouse visa .. Please advice

vinny

Re: Neutrilaztion refused

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Did you work when you were not supposed to?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Never I went back to my country with a month visa left .. When I applied for spouse visa I got it within a week ...

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:05 pm

It's funny to me that home office would never give you indefinite if you break the law working on visiting visa .. Because they do check so how come they saying they have it on record I work working ...

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:05 pm

It's funny to me that home office would never give you indefinite if you break the law working on visiting visa .. Because they do check so how come they saying they have it on record I work working ...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Lepotee1 wrote:Please I need advice . I apply for neutrilaztikn got refused because home office claim I was working before I got spouse visa .. It's funny to me that you never get spouse visa or indifinte leave to remain if you work on visiting visa which I was on . I have called the tax man to send me my work history , bank statement when I first open the account and national insurance also my first employee after I got my spouse visa .. Please advice
Sorry to hear about naturalisation refusal, glad to know at least you have not been 'neutralized'.

What is your immigration history & status in UK?
How does it match with your work history in UK?
What information did you provide in terms of your 10 year employment history on the naturalisation application form?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Came to the uk 2008 as visitor twice got married that year went back home 2009 with a month left visiting applied for spouse visa feb 2009 got it feb 2009 . Finally came to my wife in February applied for national insurance and bank account in March and April starting working in April 2009 .. Had issued with wife but sorted applied for infinite in 2010 refuse because of family life which is funny went to court judge grant it saying waste of tax money coming down finally giving indifinte 2013 then now refuses saying I working on visiting visa which is funny

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:24 pm

If they have made an error, then ask them to review their decision.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Yes I think .. Have called tax man to send me letter of my first contribution and national insurance which would take 2 week to come also ask the bank to send me statement when account was open so I can full back up ... Is there a good ideal

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Lepotee1 wrote:Came to the uk 2008 as visitor twice got married that year went back home 2009 with a month left visiting applied for spouse visa feb 2009 got it feb 2009 . Finally came to my wife in February applied for national insurance and bank account in March and April starting working in April 2009 .. Had issued with wife but sorted applied for infinite in 2010 refuse because of family life which is funny went to court judge grant it saying waste of tax money coming down finally giving indifinte 2013 then now refuses saying I working on visiting visa which is funny
Did you give the same employment history in application?

Did you ever do anything else in UK that could be interpreted as work?
Eg community/voluntary work or odd jobs?

Did you give accurate & correct NI & tax references in the application? (to eliminate the chance of HO checking wrong records).

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:40 pm

I gave them 3 years working history and national insurance dunno where they got in their mind that I was previously working on visiting visa I just feel it's pure beloved because we all know that you can go through to get indifinte if they know you work on visit visa .... All am waiting for is tax man letter and national insurance letter with bank details of the account I open after I got spouse visa then I can re apply for the review .......

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:55 am

Lepotee1 wrote:I gave them 3 years working history and national insurance dunno where they got in their mind that I was previously working on visiting visa I just feel it's pure beloved because we all know that you can go through to get indifinte if they know you work on visit visa .... All am waiting for is tax man letter and national insurance letter with bank details of the account I open after I got spouse visa then I can re apply for the review .......
HO cannot deny an application due to rascism; if proven, that would be illegal & never stand up when they were challenged.

Is it a 3-year work history starting from 2009 & up until now? So 3 years work spread over 5-6 years and with gaps?

If HO think they have detected illegal or unauthorised work it may not (by definition) show up in tax & NI records. It could show up in other records.
So they must have other datasources & intelligence they use to crosscheck & verify employment history, 'good character' & the application in general.
Hence my question about any activity that could be misinterpreted as employment or work.

Or It may be a case of mistaken identity, HO may have checked someone else's record.
That's why I asked about accuracy of your application; (NIN/tax reference details).

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 am

I got spouse visa married to British 2009 feb started work in April 2009 ... I provided 3 work history cos of am mirage including council tax on both name from 2014 down ward . When I called the tax man they confirm I started getting income in 2009 dunno where they got it I was working on visit visa .. Need you to understand something if they know you work on visit visa I would never get indefinite or spouse visa ... Even when I applied for indifinte it was refused cos of family life dunno what's going on .. home office should said in court I broke immigration law by working .. For me it's just a game playing . My wife is not happy with their way of decision

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:36 am

If you didn't work while on a visit visa and they maintain that you did, then ask them to supply proof.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:57 am

Yes I will have to write and review the case ... All I need is backup for hrmc ,national insurance and bank opening account ... Another way of taking money from people it's annoying wish I didn't apply for it .. I was living on my business back home which I close we had to manage wife mortgage which she sold to sustain our life ... Basically was dependent on her so no source of income only living in Saving then .

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:55 am

Which date had you applied and refused?
Which version of form you used?
Had anyone from ukba ever met you anywhere where you live or work when you were on visit visa??

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:02 am

Applied in February got refused 2septmeber 2015 . Never meet any official on visiting visa ... Used the old form to apply

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 am

Can you paste the exact refusal words.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:21 am

Lepotee1 wrote:...

Need you to understand something if they know you work on visit visa I would never get indefinite or spouse visa ... Even when I applied for indifinte it was refused cos of family life dunno what's going on .. home office should said in court I broke immigration law by working .. For me it's just a game playing . My wife is not happy with their way of decision
I understand it's stressful & worrying.
However a grant of a previous visa does not mean categorically that someone was or wasn't working.
Tax & NI records are just one part of the picture.

Note citizenship is not a 'visa', it's granted under different laws & different regulations that are applied by a different HO department.
The new 'good character' requirement for naturalisation has now been brought in;
it appears to be used to scan for past anomalies in someone's immigration record & also in their wider life & activities in UK.
This approach by HO shows migrants & applicants that the records are not wiped after every grant of visa.

It sounds like the UKVI part of HO was making their previous cases based on other anomalies they had detected in the past.
If those visa refusals were overturned by due process then all good - the system works.

As I already suggested this refusal of citizenship may turn out to be due to mistaken identity.
It will be interesting to see what HO comes back with if you go down the reconsideration path.
Last edited by noajthan on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 am

Am not qualify on good character because they have it on record I was working on vist . Which is absolute lairs

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:30 am

For me I knew it would be a problem since I was refuse indfinte because of family life which I went to court to prove them wrong ... Then applying for neutrilaztion another big time excuse dunno it's just stressful and full of laugh ...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:36 am

Lepotee1 wrote:Came to the uk 2008 as visitor twice got married that year went back home 2009 with a month left visiting applied for spouse visa feb 2009 got it feb 2009 . Finally came to my wife in February applied for national insurance and bank account in March and April starting working in April 2009 .. Had issued with wife but sorted applied for infinite in 2010 refuse because of family life which is funny went to court judge grant it saying waste of tax money coming down finally giving indifinte 2013 then now refuses saying I working on visiting visa which is funny
Going back to your previous post above. How did you qualify to apply for ILR in 2010 after only one year on your initial spouse visa? You say that this was refused in 2010 'due to family life' and you were then granted ILR in 2013 after court appeal. Under what category of visa? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 am

I got spouse visa 2 years after marriage on 2009 then applied in 2011 got deleyed till 2013 and refused so went to court in feb 2013 and won the case ... For ilr

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 am

Ah! So your mention of '2010' was incorrect. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Lepotee1
Newly Registered

Post by Lepotee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:53 am

Yes mistake just a bit upset ....