ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brother's ILR on 10 year Basis, 3 years Gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sachinjoshilondon201
BANNED

Brother's ILR on 10 year Basis, 3 years Gap

Post by sachinjoshilondon201 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:36 am

Hi All my brother came to UK in 2006 December on student visa and he went back in 2012 and he is back on Teir 2 now Is there any way to cover that gap? so he can qualify for 10 year ILR basis.

Can we show some medical issue? or treatment? to that 3 years gap can be covered?

Please advice with any suggestions. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Brother's ILR on 10 year Basis, 3 years Gap

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 am

Not possible under long residence ILR. There is no way to 'bridge the gap' as a 3 year gap is substantial.

Absences cannot be more than 540 days in the WHOLE 10 years and any absence of 180 days or more breaks the residence continuity.

He will have to wait the required 5 years on Tier 2 (if he is on Tier 2 General).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:01 am

donotshare wrote: Can we show some medical issue? or treatment? to that 3 years gap can be covered?
You mean lie? Nice.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:53 am

Wanderer wrote:
donotshare wrote: Can we show some medical issue? or treatment? to that 3 years gap can be covered?
You mean lie? Nice.
Firstly, as CR001 has advised, it is not possible to "close" a gap of three years (more than 1000 days).

Secondly, if you meant to lie and fabricate evidence of a medical emergency, as Wanderer and I read your post to mean, your brother would be in a very difficult spot if that was ever found out. I presume that his plan is to get citizenship eventually. But if his citizenship is based on deception, it is one of the few cases where his citizenship can be stripped at any time in his life. He would have the threat of his citizenship being cancelled all his life. I would not go there if I were you.