ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General switching doubts

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

India_123

Tier 2 General switching doubts

Post by India_123 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on tier 2 ict long term visa (granted initially on March 2011 as ICT established staff) and trying to switch to tier 2 general. I have few doubts and hope you could help me.

1. English Language test - I am planning to take IELTS english test. Can either "Academic" or "General training" IELTS test (with score > 4 as stated in immigration rules) be accepted for tier 2 general visa? They didn't mention which specific test to take.

2. While switching the employers, should the end date of current employer and start date of new employer be without any gap?

Example, if I get sponsorship from new employer starting from November 2nd to next 3 years and I get visa, should my previous employment get ended exactly the day before the start date of new employer? can there be any gap like 1 week between the employment?

Thanks in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 General switching doubts

Post by poper » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 am

Hi india_123

the below guide must help you

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 69661.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.