ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unauthorized absence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immBoardusr1
Newly Registered

Unauthorized absence

Post by immBoardusr1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Immigrationboards users ,

I am on a Tier 2 General VISA, my issue is that I had a unauthorized absence last month for 7 days ,

My wife was not feeling well and we need to go to our country for some private medical treatment.

The company I am working for is not ready to authorize the absence as it went over a few days in my annual leave.

What are the rules related to Unauthorized Absence reporting , does anyone know if it can lead to the termination of my VISA ?

I have checked on the internet and found documents from various universities and HR systems which say that the employer is supposed to report unauthorized absence of 10 days or more.
Like this one :
http://www.cofesuffolk.org/assets/downl ... 20v13r.pdf

Can someone point me to the relevant UKBA documents and sections regarding unauthorized absence ?

Does anyone have experience with what happens if unauthorized absence is reported to UKBA ?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Unauthorized absence

Post by manci » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:35 pm