ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in work location & referee job change

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IQ28
Newly Registered

Change in work location & referee job change

Post by IQ28 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:15 pm

I have applied for naturalisation at the end of March 2015 with my wife and a kid and currently waiting for a decision. In the meantime there are a couple of changes and would appreciate if seniors can advise whether any action is needed to inform HO.

Change in my work location (same employer) - I have been transferred to a new office at the beginning of this week. This is for the same employer so the company's registered address etc remains the same. In the AN application form I did mention employer's registered address and also my work location of that time. Do I need to information HO about my transfer to a new address for the same employer? If yes I guess a simple letter will suffice?

Referee job change - One of my referee is a Bank Manager who is moving to a new employment but within the same sector (banking). His residence address etc will be same as mentioned on our application form. Do we need to inform HO about his job change? If yes, how? Do I simply write a letter or print referee page of the application form and get his signature again?

Can seniors/moderators please advise?

Many thanks in anticipation.

IQ28
Newly Registered

Re: Change in work location & referee job change

Post by IQ28 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:53 pm

IQ28 wrote:I have applied for naturalisation at the end of March 2015 with my wife and a kid and currently waiting for a decision. In the meantime there are a couple of changes and would appreciate if seniors can advise whether any action is needed to inform HO.

Change in my work location (same employer) - I have been transferred to a new office at the beginning of this week. This is for the same employer so the company's registered address etc remains the same. In the AN application form I did mention employer's registered address and also my work location of that time. Do I need to information HO about my transfer to a new address for the same employer? If yes I guess a simple letter will suffice?

Referee job change - One of my referee is a Bank Manager who is moving to a new employment but within the same sector (banking). His residence address etc will be same as mentioned on our application form. Do we need to inform HO about his job change? If yes, how? Do I simply write a letter or print referee page of the application form and get his signature again?

Any advise please?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:00 pm

I dont see why it should affect you. Your employment as such has no bearing on naturalisation. Even change in employer need not be notified. Referee's job change, I dont think you need to worry about that either.

This is my personal opinion.

IQ28
Newly Registered

Post by IQ28 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:19 am

vignezh wrote:I dont see why it should affect you. Your employment as such has no bearing on naturalisation. Even change in employer need not be notified. Referee's job change, I dont think you need to worry about that either.

This is my personal opinion.
vignezh - many thanks for your response. As you said no action is needed as per your personal opinion and I appreciate that. Does anyone else has any other view or advise on this?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:40 am

IQ28 wrote:
IQ28 wrote:I have applied for naturalisation at the end of March 2015 with my wife and a kid and currently waiting for a decision. In the meantime there are a couple of changes and would appreciate if seniors can advise whether any action is needed to inform HO.

Im not a senior but simply changing your work location but with the same employer is not something HO need to be notified about, as employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.

Secondly, the referees job change isnt an issue. They just check the referees identity to make sure they are who they say they are.

If HO have any doubts they will write to you. I wouldnt worry so much :)

Any advise please?

IQ28
Newly Registered

Post by IQ28 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:
IQ28 wrote:

Im not a senior but simply changing your work location but with the same employer is not something HO need to be notified about, as employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.

Secondly, the referees job change isnt an issue. They just check the referees identity to make sure they are who they say they are.

If HO have any doubts they will write to you. I wouldnt worry so much :)

Any advise please?
Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated.