ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adiraian
Newly Registered

ILR for children

Post by adiraian » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi,

I have brought my family (wife and 2 children) when i was in Post study worker.After a year i applied for ILR through 10 year route.Meanwhile i had my 3 child born here in UK.Once i received my ILR i applied MN1 for my child who born here in UK and been granted as British Citizen.

In between i applied FLR(M) for others and HO messed with english test rules change and refused their visa,I did went for appeal and had no luck.So i placed a fresh application for them with FLR (FP) and after all the process and been asked for more documents finally they have been granted discretionary leave for 30 months.

Now my question here is now what is the best option for me to go ahead with future application.

1.I don't want to apply FLR (M) as of now due to my financial circumstances.
2.Is there a way that i can apply either ILR or MN1 for my other children who were born outside UK,so that my threshold will be reduced if i wanted to apply FLR(M) for my wife.
3.What will happen if my wife stays on D/L and keep on extending.
4.Can i go for claims ? will it affect my rights to apply FLR(M) in the future for my wife.

Some dates for experts to work out
Family came in Jan 2012.
I have applied Sep 2013 my ILR and granted March 2014
I also applied Initial FLR(M) for family Sep 2013 but refused in July 2014
Again applied for FLR(fp) for my family in August 2014 and granted Sep 2015
Meanwhile applied for MN1 for my daughter who was born here in Aug 2014 and became British in March 2015.
Finally i have applied my AN April 2015 and are still waiting....

Looking forward for the experts advice and helps.

Thank you in advance.

BR

Adi

secret.simon

Re: ILR for children

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm

I believe that FLR(FP) puts your family on a 10 year course to ILR (11 to citizenship provided the applicants remain of good character throughout).

If your children are not born in the UK, their status will be in-line with the less-privileged parent. Under UKV&I's current policy, they cannot be registered unless one parent is a British citizen and the other is on ILR (at least). That is assuming that they are under 18 years of age when the other parent qualifies for ILR. If they are older than 18 years of age, they will have to naturalise on their own merits as adults.

If your wife stays on D/L, your children will not be able to register as British citizens, but will have to qualify for naturalisation in their own right when they are adults (over 18).