ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Visa - Travel Restriction

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanp7
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent Visa - Travel Restriction

Post by sanp7 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi guys,

My wife is on a PBS Dependent visa valid till 2018. Is it possible for her to apply for a schengen visa on her own without me? Will it have any consequences on the ILR or any other things later in time if she travels without me for a week?

I am confused since I am the main visa holder, I think here visa might be rejected if he applies alone.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent Visa - Travel Restriction

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:31 pm

My wife is on a PBS Dependent visa valid till 2018.
Is it possible for her to apply for a schengen visa on her own without me? Yes, if she meets the requirements and has all the documents needed. She is not dependent on you for this in the way that you think. She can travel freely either by herself or with you, there is not rule that she has to be with you at all times of travel.
Will it have any consequences on the ILR or any other things later in time if she travels without me for a week? No and No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanp7
Newly Registered

Re: PBS Dependent Visa - Travel Restriction

Post by sanp7 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks a lot CR001.