ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer marked Y on COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek.gite446

Employer marked Y on COS

Post by abhishek.gite446 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi,

My current employer for whom I have been working for last 3 years under Tier 2 General visa has just provide me the new COS in order to apply for the extension under same category. In the COS the following option

Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval? is marked as Y

Now my question is that if I apply for my extension (Within the UK) with the same COS will there be an issue ?

Will it affect my application if I kept the option as Yes / NO ?

Cheers

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Employer marked Y on COS

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 pm

No issues. This will not have any impact on your extension application.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:29 am

abhishek.gite446 wrote:Hi,

My current employer for whom I have been working for last 3 years under Tier 2 General visa has just provide me the new COS in order to apply for the extension under same category. In the COS the following option

Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval? is marked as Y

Now my question is that if I apply for my extension (Within the UK) with the same COS will there be an issue ?

Will it affect my application if I kept the option as Yes / NO ?

Cheers
Better to keep things simple. Employer should change that to N if possible or enter a sponsor note in sms that its actually N. The more straightforward your application is, the more easy it is for ukvi to process application

abhishek.gite446

Post by abhishek.gite446 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I was wondering what exactly the following statement meant

Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?

Does it mean that, during my time of approval (When my documents and Passport are with Home Office) I can travel Outside UK and re-enter UK ?

If NOT then can anyone please clarify what exactly it means.

Cheers