ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent switch to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nz6666
Newly Registered

Tier 4 dependent switch to Tier 2

Post by nz6666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:35 am

Hi, I am currently on Tier 4 dependent visa and working in UK. My wife is a student (Tier 4). I am thinking switching to Tier 2 general. My employer is on the Tier 2 sponsor list. My boss has agreed to do so. But HR told me in order to apply this I have to leave UK and apply from outside UK. Is this true? Anyone has similar experience? Thanks.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 4 dependent switch to Tier 2

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:12 am

Hi, I am currently on Tier 4 dependent visa and working in UK. My wife is a student (Tier 4). I am thinking switching to Tier 2 general. My employer is on the Tier 2 sponsor list. My boss has agreed to do so. But HR told me in order to apply this I have to leave UK and apply from outside UK. Is this true? Anyone has similar experience? Thanks.

No i am pretty sure that's not the case. You can apply from within country to switch to a Tier 2 General but would need an RLMT completed and restricted COS issued. If it helps you, I am doing the same. Note: Only dependant partners of Tier 4 can switch to Tier 2 General within country.

nz6666
Newly Registered

Post by nz6666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi gag285, thanks for the reply. I have read the same on home office web site. It's shocking the HR told me otherwise. Can I ask what is 'RLMT completed and restricted COS issued'? How is your application going on? Can you introduce the normal process of the application, i.e firstly company do something, secondly I do something, etc (not sure about this). Yes, I am the dependant of Tier 4 student. Thanks a lot.

nz6666
Newly Registered

Post by nz6666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Ok, I found the answers to my questions. These are the work for my company.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 am

nz6666 wrote:Ok, I found the answers to my questions. These are the work for my company.
Application Process will include
•    Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT);
•    Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship request (RCoS)
•    In-country submission

RLMT
In order for your company to sponsor you to work for them in the UK, your company will initially have to conduct the RLMT. The RLMT requires an employer to advertise the role to the Resident Labour Market for a minimum period of 28 days before they can offer the role to a migrant. Once the advertising period has been completed, and your company have ascertained that there are no suitably skilled resident workers, then your company can proceed to make the Restricted CoS application.

Restricted CoS
Your company will be then be required to make an application for a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship for you. This application can only be made once the RLMT has been completed, and no suitably skilled settled workers have been identified. The request must be received by the Home Office by the 5th of each month in order for it be considered by the Home Office panel on the 11th of the same month. If this application is successful, we should be notified within one week and can then proceed with the submission of your Tier 2 (General) visa application.

In-country submission
One the RCoS request is granted your company will need to populate the CoS with your details, issue the CoS, and proceed with the submission of your application to the Home Office for consideration. Please note that this application can be submitted by the postal, priority postal or premium route.

Hope this is helpful!