ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling during naturalisation process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nimish.harshe
Newly Registered

Travelling during naturalisation process

Post by nimish.harshe » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi All,
My daughter is born in UK and is 7 months old now. I got the ILR 10 days after her birth and hence have applied for naturalization via MN1 on 22nd June. She doesn’t hold Indian passport as of now.
Unfortunately, since I have applied for her registration we have changed our address twice, which has caused quite a lot of confusion.

I had applied through NCS hence I first contacted the team at nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to let them know about the address change. (Since this was a planned move I had also mentioned this on the MN1 form Notes section), however I did not get any response from there.

As it turned out, the address was not changed and we missed the acknowledgement, first Biometric invite, which came to our old address and the person living there now forgot to give it to us. (We checked with him almost every week, however can’t hold him responsible). We finally managed to get hold of our second Biometric invite, and went through with the process in August.
Since then I have contacted folks at 03001232253 (UKVI Information desk) who suggested me to change my address through “Change in circumstances” link at GOV.uk, which I have done now.
Couple of days I wanted to check if the address change has happened now and if there is any more communication which I might have missed, (at old address), turns out that the team at UKVI information desk can’t help me in that regards. I am afraid that if the address is not changed, I will certainly miss the communications.)

We had planned a trip to India in October as my wives maternity leaves are going to be over soon, however the possibility of we getting her registration certificate by that time is looking very bleak.
Will really appreciate if anyone can answer any of my below queries.

1. Is there a way I can get my current address confirmed?
2. There were couple of posts where people have advised that new born can travel without passport (just by receipt pf MN1 application and Biometric enrolment letter and receipt.
Has anyone done this or know if this can be done?
3. I understand that if I had ILR before she was born she would have been British national by birth. Since I got ILR after her birth, which nationality she will hold currently until she receives registration certificate?
4. If she is of Indian nationality by birth, does that mean that I can apply for her Indian passport even now, while I have already applied for her British registration? Will that be legal? I have heard that getting Indian passport is much quicker and I might still be able to meet October timelines.

Really sorry for the long article.

Details:
Eligibility criteria: MN1 Child Born in UK on 11th Feb 2015, Father (Received ILR on 09 April 2015)
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 22/06/2015
Received by HO: 2/07/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 09/07/2015
Date of acknowledgment Received: 09/07/2015
Date of Biometrics letter received: 21/08/2015 (dated17/08/2015)
Date of Biometrics (photograph) submitted: 22/08/2015
Date of approval letter: waiting

noajthan

Re: Travelling during naturalisation process

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:54 pm

Suggest you set up mail forwarding from past addresses to current address to avoid missing any other vital communications from HO.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.