ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English Test Requiremt ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firoz365
Newly Registered

New English Test Requiremt ?

Post by firoz365 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Dear Gurus,
I am going to apply for ILR very soon.
Is there any new english test requirement?

In the SET(O) Section 4.3 page 15 , we have to specify that and we have passed Life in UK test and
then it asks to select one of these following (It is emphasizing on selecting in one of these)-

Life in the UK test pass
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; OR
• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6, awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA); OR
SET(O) Version 08/15 Page 16
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗˗the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪▪You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

I have already proven my English requirement in prev applications.

My questions is - Do I need to give any further test ???

Many Many Thanks In Advance

noajthan

Re: New English Test Requiremt ?

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:50 pm

firoz365 wrote:...

I have already proven my English requirement in prev applications.

My questions is - Do I need to give any further test ???
Many Many Thanks In Advance
How and when did you do this :?:

When do you intend to submit your application :?:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

firoz365
Newly Registered

Post by firoz365 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi ,
When I applied for Tier 1 Visa then I had submitted my masters degree.
My degree was recognised by the point based calculator. After then whenever I applied for visa extension I chose the option
english language requirement already met/proved.

But I am not sure about ILR. I have passed Life In UK Test but I am not sure about any other test I need to pass.
I am planning to apply for ILR very soon. May be in 1 or 2 weeks
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

firoz365 wrote:Hi ,
When I applied for Tier 1 Visa then I had submitted my masters degree.
My degree was recognised by the point based calculator. After then whenever I applied for visa extension I chose the option
english language requirement already met/proved.

But I am not sure about ILR. I have passed Life In UK Test but I am not sure about any other test I need to pass.
I am planning to apply for ILR very soon. May be in 1 or 2 weeks
Thanks
You can simply use this option - it's not a new test:
An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗˗the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR ...
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.