ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SurrinderSingh - Move to Ireland, Spouse on maternity leave?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sali11

SurrinderSingh - Move to Ireland, Spouse on maternity leave?

Post by sali11 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 am

Hi
I am living with my wife and kids in UK and we all have british nationality. I am planning to use Surrinder singh route to bring my non-EEA parents to UK by moving to Ireland with my family for 6-9 months.
I will leave my UK job and will be working in Ireland. My wife will not work over there but she is on maternity leave of 1 year from her UK job. Could this be a problem?. Or should I simply not try to provide evidence that my wife is also in Ireland? I am aware I will need to show evidence that I moved my "centre of life to Ireland" and so I will provide documents like GP registration, kids schooling etc.
I will be grateful for your comments/guidance.
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: SurrinderSingh - Move to Ireland, Spouse on maternity le

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:40 pm

As an aside to your question, as your wife and you are British citizens, if your child is born in Ireland, s/he will be eligible for an Irish passport in future as well. That may come in handy if the UK and the EU were to part ways.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sali11

Post by sali11 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:02 pm

secret.simon wrote:As an aside to your question, as your wife and you are British citizens, if your child is born in Ireland, s/he will be eligible for an Irish passport in future as well. That may come in handy if the UK and the EU were to part ways.
Thanks, baby is already born in UK :D

sali11

Post by sali11 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi. Anyone please?

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 am

Hi,

We are in the same position. Please can anyone advise? In our case, its me who is on a maternity leave and my husband will be moving to Ireland and seeking a new job also bringing in my parents and his in-laws. Will this be possible? Many thanks for your advise.

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi

Did either of you move to Ireland and manage to bring your parents over there?