ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage certificate required ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhp

marriage certificate required ?

Post by bhp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:47 pm

I completed 5 YEARS on tier-1 general, then got my ILR, my wife also got her ILR as my dependant.

Now I can apply for Naturalization as I have completed 1 year on ILR as well.

Due to marital problems, my wife and I have decided to separate and she has taken with her the marriage certificate. Now I will be applying for Naturalization only for myself. If I am making the naturalization application for myself only, do I need to show the marriage certificate at the nationality checking service?.

We are not divorced yet but she has moved out and not living with me.

i was reading the guidelines and it does not suggest, but please let me know.....moderators and seniors please help.
please let me know, getting a certified copy of the marriage certificate from India is a hassle.

Thanks

theprideofpak

Re: marriage certificate required ?

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:48 pm

bhp wrote:I completed 5 YEARS on tier-1 general, then got my ILR, my wife also got her ILR as my dependant.

Now I can apply for Naturalization as I have completed 1 year on ILR as well.

Due to marital problems, my wife and I have decided to separate and she has taken with her the marriage certificate. Now I will be applying for Naturalization only for myself. If I am making the naturalization application for myself only, do I need to show the marriage certificate at the nationality checking service?.

We are not divorced yet but she has moved out and not living with me.

i was reading the guidelines and it does not suggest, but please let me know.....moderators and seniors please help.
please let me know, getting a certified copy of the marriage certificate from India is a hassle.

Thanks
You don't need marriage certificate at all as you are applying for citizenship on your own basis not as a dependent of a British citizen, hence its not needed. All you have to do is to send is, your current passport, brp, english requirement, LIUK certificate.