ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No pages on passport - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

No pages on passport - ILR

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:07 am

My passport is valid till 20-Jan-2016 and I am planning to apply for ILR by mid October.

Is there any number of months my passport should be valid for ILR ?
Applying for premium service and hopefully should get ILR in a week.

Also, I don't have any blank pages on my passport , would this be required for ILR ?

ilrvisanow

Re: No pages on passport - ILR

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:32 pm

yes you need pages for ilr. Although, they do not stamp anything on passsport and give a brp they always ask you to have a passport with blank pages.
Might be a good time to apply for a new passport.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi mate

I think for any visa passport must be valid for 6 months before send any application.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Is there any number of months my passport should be valid for ILR ? No, it must be valid at time of application but does not have to have a long validity period.
Applying for premium service and hopefully should get ILR in a week.

Also, I don't have any blank pages on my passport , would this be required for ILR ? No, ILR is a BRP Card so you don't need blank pages for anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:45 pm

There are 2 different answers here.
Is there any place or document on UKBA or gov.uk site where I can get this confirmed ?

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 pm

I am not thinking of not re-issuing my passport and going ahead with current situation.
Thanks CR001 for your input.

Worst case if at all they need pages, would they reject ? I wouldn't consider this would be a valid scenario to reject as there are no rules on their site to provide this as a criteria.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:52 am

ChaitanyaS123 wrote:I am not thinking of not re-issuing my passport and going ahead with current situation.
Thanks CR001 for your input.

Worst case if at all they need pages, would they reject ? I wouldn't consider this would be a valid scenario to reject as there are no rules on their site to provide this as a criteria.
No they will not. You only need to have a valid passport at the time of application. You DO NOT need 6 months or more validity (like China does for example)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.