ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I go on holiday after submitting the AN application ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karolmicha

can I go on holiday after submitting the AN application ??

Post by Karolmicha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:42 pm

I am ready to submit my application through NCS as I have all the documents needed and my application is filled out. However I will be away on holiday in South america for four weeks in November, so basically I will not be in the country for the whole of november. I have phones home office helpline asking for advice whether I should submit my application now or just before my holiday. I didn't get no straight answer from them, I've only been advised to send it AFTER my holiday, which I really don't want to as my English language certificate will not be accepted then, because since its a ESOL qualification it won't be valid ( home office won't be accepting ESOL wualification after novemeber the 5th 2015). I really don't want to spend another £150 or more for another qualification. Does anyone know how long does the biometric enrolment letter take to arrive after submitting AN British citizenship application ? I figure that if I send it off through ncs in the last days of October just before I leave the country on the 2nd November, I will still make it in time to enrol the biometric permit? As thet give you 15 days to do so after receiving the letter ? I will be back in the country on the 29th nov. Any advice would be much appreciated as I would hate to risk losing over £1000.

skilachi

Re: can I go on holiday after submitting the AN application

Post by skilachi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:03 pm

To be honest, I would suggest you apply when you get back from your holiday or if you apply before going on holiday cut ur hols short.

The Biometric letter will be sent about 10-12days after your application has been received and there is a time limit when you can do the biometric (15 working days). I was in your situation, I applied and traveled (2wks) biometric letter came few days after I travelled and luckily still had 3days to do go biometric from the date letter was sent when I got back.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Alright, that means I will need to take the B1 test then which I tried to avoid but I guess it's better to and £150 than risk losing over £1000. And is it really 10-12days? I keep hearing different information everywher, the lady from home office that I spoke to on the phone told me they usually send it 4-10 weeks after you sumbit the application, I guess there is no specific time frame then.

blooms

Post by blooms » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Karolmicha wrote:Alright, that means I will need to take the B1 test then which I tried to avoid but I guess it's better to and £150 than risk losing over £1000. And is it really 10-12days? I keep hearing different information everywher, the lady from home office that I spoke to on the phone told me they usually send it 4-10 weeks after you sumbit the application, I guess there is no specific time frame then.
Take a look at the thread called 'August 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY ' and you'll see what real people applying now are seeing. It does appear to be about two weeks.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:02 pm

If worried you could always ask someone to keep an eye on your mail and immediately contact you if something needs doing. The problem is not necessarily the 15 days you have to submit your biometrics, but the fact that sometimes people receive the invite a week after the letter has been written - effectively losing 5-6 days due to snailmail ...

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:03 pm

blooms wrote:you'll see what real people applying now are seeing. It does appear to be about two weeks.
It is the internet - there is no such thing as real people :)