ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Q on document return request within application itself

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

julianeea
Newly Registered

Quick Q on document return request within application itself

Post by julianeea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:15 am

Hi there,

I'm an EEA worker preparing my wife's EEA2. I'm aware that I can submit a request for my passport to be returned after we submit her application. I travel frequently for work and need it. I already have my EEA1.

However, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried adding a note into the application itself requesting a document to be returned immediately after the application is opened and initially processed? e.g., could my wife write a cover letter in the application that says something along the lines of,

"Dear UKBA,
Can you please return my husband's passport as soon as possible after receiving and processing my application. He travels frequently for work and requires it to be in his possession by XXX date at the latest.
Many thanks,
Applicant"

Perhaps this could save me from having to submit a separate, formal request after the fact? Has anyone tried this before, with any success?

Thanks very much in advance!

J

EUcards
Newly Registered

Re: Quick Q on document return request within application it

Post by EUcards » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 pm

I did it when I applied for myself. My eea Mrs had to go out of country after one month so in cover letter I mentioned to them to return her passport asap once they have established her ID. So your wife can put a cover letter that should be ok. But I also come across that if you don't provide eea passport they won't refuse on this basis but someone in this forum probably can highlight it better if they know anything

rooibos
Member of Standing
European Union

Post by rooibos » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 am

Apologies for hijacking this thread but what happens if you send your application and the you need your ID card or passport, e.g. applying for a job, etc? Do the Home Office leave some sort of statement that can be used as a surrogate for your paperworks?

julianeea
Newly Registered

Post by julianeea » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:06 am

Thanks for the useful reply, EUcards!

maya nalya

urgent help

Post by maya nalya » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 pm

I arrived in the uk with no visa 
I hold article 10 residence card as family member of british citizen and a mother of british child aged 1 year. We arrived in uk on 24 may 2015 through surrinder singh route. A few months later my husband started getting sick again, he has been battling paranoid schizophrenia since 2009, i met him in 2012 in romania, i am a romania refugee though i did not know about his illness and i got to know when i was five months pregnant with my daughter and i have been in life supporting him and caring for him, it has been a battle live with him since his on and off in hosptials because he doesnt take his medication. He moved to Norway with me where i got the article 10 residence card and during out stay in norway he was two times in hosptial. 
He doesnt i work and doesnt trust anyone claiming we all evil trying to hurt him. I am supposed to send my eea2 application on 28th 09 2015 but im scared of the outcome since he hasnt worked and we have been from one homeless shelter to the other