ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General can they work and travel in cooling of period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srling
Newly Registered

Tier2 General can they work and travel in cooling of period

Post by srling » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi All,

Need your help!!!

I had recently visited UK on a Tier2 ICT Short term visa and my wife has joined me as a dependent in UK and we stayed in UK for around 10 months and now I am back to my home country on 1st Sep 2015.

However just before returning we got an opporunity i.e. Tier2 General visa sponsorship for my wife. So now she has a Tier2 General visa and I will be travelling as a dependent on Tier2 General dependant visa in the month of Dec 2015.

However I am little concerned w.r.t the above scenario would like to understand the below two aspects.

1. As I was earlier on tier2 ict and now I m going back as tier2 general dependant immediately will cooling off period have any impact???

2.Also, I would like to know will there be any difficulties in getting job in UK on tier2 general dependant visa?

Thanks,
Sri

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier2 General can they work and travel in cooling of per

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:09 am

srling wrote:Hi All,

Need your help!!!

I had recently visited UK on a Tier2 ICT Short term visa and my wife has joined me as a dependent in UK and we stayed in UK for around 10 months and now I am back to my home country on 1st Sep 2015.

However just before returning we got an opporunity i.e. Tier2 General visa sponsorship for my wife. So now she has a Tier2 General visa and I will be travelling as a dependent on Tier2 General dependant visa in the month of Dec 2015.

However I am little concerned w.r.t the above scenario would like to understand the below two aspects.

1. As I was earlier on tier2 ict and now I m going back as tier2 general dependant immediately will cooling off period have any impact??? - You will be going as PBS dependent and the cooling off period will have no impact on you. The cool off applies to your ability to re-apply a Tier 2 main yourself within 12 months of previous leave (subject to maximum leave conditions)

2.Also, I would like to know will there be any difficulties in getting job in UK on tier2 general dependant visa? - Finding a job depends on your skill set and job market situation. Dependents are allowed to work unrestricted (excluding Dentist or Doctor in training).

Thanks,
Sri

srling
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 General can they work and travel in cooling of per

Post by srling » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Thank you so much gag285 for your quick response, that really helps.

Sri
gag285 wrote:
srling wrote:Hi All,

Need your help!!!

1. As I was earlier on tier2 ict and now I m going back as tier2 general dependant immediately will cooling off period have any impact??? - You will be going as PBS dependent and the cooling off period will have no impact on you. The cool off applies to your ability to re-apply a Tier 2 main yourself within 12 months of previous leave (subject to maximum leave conditions)

2.Also, I would like to know will there be any difficulties in getting job in UK on tier2 general dependant visa? - Finding a job depends on your skill set and job market situation. Dependents are allowed to work unrestricted (excluding Dentist or Doctor in training).

Thanks,
Sri