ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Section 6

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aglaya
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Section 6

Post by aglaya » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi,

If anyone can help with this, I would really appreciate it!

I am a little bit confused by Section 6 in the application - Your relationship to your sponsor.

What kind of answers are they looking for and how can the statements that you make in the application be backed by by documents?

Specifically,

When did you meet your sponsor: Date? How specific?
Where did you meet: Country? City? Restaurant? Do I need address?
When did your relationship begin: Date? How specific?
How do you keep in touch: texts? Phone calls? dates?..

For additional information, I am married to a British citizens since August this year. This is the first time I apply for this type of visa (I'm currently on Tier 2) and I am living in the same apartment as my husband.

Thank you so much!

noajthan

Re: FLR(M) Section 6

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:14 pm

aglaya wrote:Hi,

If anyone can help with this, I would really appreciate it!

I am a little bit confused by Section 6 in the application - Your relationship to your sponsor.

What kind of answers are they looking for and how can the statements that you make in the application be backed by by documents?

Specifically,

When did you meet your sponsor: Date? How specific?
Where did you meet: Country? City? Restaurant? Do I need address?
When did your relationship begin: Date? How specific?
How do you keep in touch: texts? Phone calls? dates?..

For additional information, I am married to a British citizens since August this year. This is the first time I apply for this type of visa (I'm currently on Tier 2) and I am living in the same apartment as my husband.

Thank you so much!
You're probably going to be operating from memory here (unless you obsessively keep a diary like Jane Austen or walk around with a GoPro strapped to your forehead).

Approximate dates, general details, whatever you have or can piece together.
You may have some specifics if some events occurred on a particular trip or visit or family occasion or at a memorable location, (etc).

Put your heads together, but don't be surprised if the 2 of you have slightly different recollections and viewpoints.

For first meeting, surely country isn't too hard.

For keeping in touch, you need to start tracking down your Skype, Viber, Whatsapps histories (or, if old fashioned, your SMS logs).
- just date/time - no need for content (!).

How is it documented or verified?
How about travel itineraries, ticket stubs, restaturant/hotel bills, chat logs, some discreet photos.

Remember HO may at some time call you in for (separate) interviews to dig into this history of a romance.

Enjoy your trip down memory lane.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.