ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address for Correspondence (SET (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ralucier
Newly Registered

Address for Correspondence (SET (LR)

Post by Ralucier » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:49 am

Can someone please advise me: I've just completed my SET LR (with advisor's help). I want my correspondence (namely my notification to get biometric card, and whatever else) to go to my work address. Is this a common practice and acceptable?

I plan to put my work address in A2, as the instructions say to give this address if different from my home address. Is this OK? (Note: I'm paying by debit card - that address of correspondence doesn't have to match the one on record for the bank card, does it? I'm only wondering because it's on the same page).

Thanks, anyone.

tiredoftiers

Re: Address for Correspondence (SET (LR)

Post by tiredoftiers » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:26 pm

It would ease things if you told whynot you want your home address to be used for correspondance
some do it because they live in shared accomodations. I think when they process a payment using card details use home address as correspondance address could simply be of somebody soliciting on your behalf.
You can send a cover note to explain home address to be used when they process your application this would potentially save your application being invalidated because of payment if correspondace address used and payment did not go through

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:02 pm

I was facing the same situation, i've put my company's address as correspondence address, the payment went through without any problem but they sent all my documents on my PERMANENT ADDRESS

So, try it might work.

Ralucier
Newly Registered

Post by Ralucier » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Thanks, Not me again. So they still sent the documents to your home address even though you put your company's address as correspondence address?! That wasn't helpful, was it!

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Ralucier wrote:Thanks, Not me again. So they still sent the documents to your home address even though you put your company's address as correspondence address?! That wasn't helpful, was it!
I told my HR operatives to bring any post they receive straight to me, as last time i was late in filing for Bio-metrics, so was planning to go straight to PO once will receive Bio metrics letter, but still found the letter in Post shelf at home...

But had no issues with payment going through. If you don't have any naughty kids at home, just ask for mails at home...