ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if my passport gets stolen.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ausapp
Newly Registered

What if my passport gets stolen.

Post by ausapp » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 am

Hi all,

I applied from Australia and got my HSMP approval letter. I plan to get the visa post-dated so I can enter the UK in Feb or March 2008, since I'm planning on doing a bit of traveling on my way there - over South East Asia and parts of Europe.

My question is, if my passport gets stolen on the way there, can I reapply for the visa from somewhere overseas? I can get a replacement passport easily enough from an Australian embassy, but I know that the UK high commission keeps the HSMP approval letter, so will they reissue a visa or will I have to reapply for HSMP and/or come back to Australia?

I'm asking because I have had my passport stolen before and I'm a bit paranoid now. Just wondering whether it's worth the risk or whether I should go to the UK first and then travel from there.

Thanks for your time.