ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit for US citizen "Book Apointment"

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kida
Newly Registered

EEA family permit for US citizen "Book Apointment"

Post by kida » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:56 am

I am US citizen. Wife is an EEA national (German). I need to get another family permit to travel to and from the USA. We are currently in the UK. I would really like to avoid traveling to the US without a permit already in hand.

The process for applying from the US stated here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-the-usa: Upon confirming the online app, you can book an apointment at a USCIS office to get your biometrics taken, then the app and the biometric data are mailed to New York. This assumes you are in the US, but there happens to be a USCIS field office in London. So can I get my biometrics at the London office, and mail the app to New York?

Attempts to ask this via the official 'contact UKVI' option have been less then useless (insulting actually), I simply got a link to the uk.gov pages I have already carefully studied. More to the point, I would like to know, for people applying 'in the US', ounce the online app has been confirmed, what happens? Are you simply given instructions on how to proceed and a link to a USCIS / homeland security webiste? Or, are you required to select the appointment time and location on the UKVI website iteself?

I have already completed the app, hoping I could test what happens for myself. But I hesitate to confirm it because it cannot then be edited. I suppose I could just delete it and start another? Not sure if that would have a negative impact on any decision by UKVI.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

kida
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family permit for US citizen "Book Apointment"

Post by kida » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Not surprisingly, this won't work. Contaced the London USCIS office. Response: "Please be advised that our office only take fingerprints for the categories indicated in our website http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/. It does not seem that you fall in any of those categories, we are therefore unable to satisfy your request."