ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 Dependent switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanp7
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 Dependent switch

Post by sanp7 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Guys,

I have some questions regarding switching from Tier 2 general to Tier 2 Dependent visa.

I am currently on a Tier 2 general visa and My wife is on a PBS dependent visa. Her company is willing to offer her a Tier 2 general visa. They will conduct the RLMT and then she will go and apply for the Tier 2 General with a RCOS from our home country. I will still remain on Tier 2 general until she gets a visa.

My questions are:
1. If by any chance her Tier 2 visa is refused, will she be able to come back to the UK with her PBS dependent visa?
2. After she gets her visa and comes to the UK, for me to change to PBS dependent, should I leave the county or can I apply from the UK?
3. I extended my visa last month and have paid IHS fee for 3 years. Can this fee be used in the new application or do we need to pay again?

Kindly answer these question. Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General to Tier 2 Dependent switch

Post by iworker » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:47 am

if new visa is rejected, the old dependent visa stays intact.
you can apply within uk
not sure

sanp7
Newly Registered

Post by sanp7 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks for answering that iworker.

Could anyone answer the third question please?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Logically, you should not be paying IHS twice but the question is whether the online IHS paying system is smart enough to detect this and adjust the amount?

I believe you will might have to pay and then you can claim a refund. The best is to contact UKVI for this question.

Thanks,
Hassan