ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa application delayed - Why? NEW DELHI/JALANDAR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jatinderrai
Newly Registered

UK Spouse visa application delayed - Why? NEW DELHI/JALANDAR

Post by jatinderrai » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello Everybody,

My name is Jatinder Singh and new on this forum, I am UK Born and Bred. I have read many posts on here and there are some very helpful people so thought I post. Pleaseeeee Helppppp.....I recently married in India to my wife and we put a spouse visa app on 13 August 2015 from jalandhar which was sent to new delhi. I have not heard nothing from UKBA if visa been granted or not? Why is it taking so long? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Couple days ago I received a email from them stating the matter is not straight forward and will take longer. I showed this to my solicitor who confirmed my case is straight forward, I am on salary which exceeds there requirements and we have a genuine marriage. Then why is it taking so long?????? Please help? Has anyone else submitted a visa application in August/September?

Please find details below of the email:

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Premium Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible. Please note that fees paid are non-refundable.

We will notify you via e-mail once your application has been decided and despatched.

Please do not attend the visa application centre until you have been asked to do so.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UK Visas and Immigration contact details can be found at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Spouse visa application delayed - Why? NEW DELHI/JALA

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Tax issues? Seems to be UKVI's latest point of attack....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jatinderrai
Newly Registered

Post by jatinderrai » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Hello, What sort of tax issues? My salary is paid to me with all the neccessary tax and n.i deducted by my employer. I get the net amount - so i have no tax issues whatsoever. I have no businesses either. What are your thoughts on this? What else could be slowing this down?

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:44 am

hard to say why they think your case isnt straight forward

this seems like an automated email to me and i think its generated automatically

Its only been 30 working days since you submitted your application and the Delhi processing time is 31-40working days so you are still in the period of decision making.

I wouldnt worry.
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:19 am

It could simply be due to case workers being behind with processing applications and not meeting official targets and are covering themselves by sending out the standard notification.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jatinderrai
Newly Registered

Post by jatinderrai » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:52 am

I understand this can be the case. It just been so long. Has anyone submitted an application recently?

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:58 am

harry
Settlement visa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:25 am

It not been that long...5 weeks. But bear in mind that the processing days quoted are a likely to be 'working days', not calendar days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jatinderrai
Newly Registered

Post by jatinderrai » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Thank you guys. I have been hearing that most people being granted spouse visa applications within 5 weeks. This is very frusturating and annoying. Its going to be 7 weeks this week comming.

I wonder if anyone else applied for spouse visa application in August/Sep. Harry I see you applied in sep - you heard anything at all???

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:53 pm

No nothing at all
All i know its being processed i.e still to be looked at
I am not expecting to hear anything till end of oct but i will keep checking the progress.
It will be 3 working weeks coming wednesday i.e 15 working days. Hoping i should hear something after the following 3 weeks
harry
Settlement visa

jatinderrai2015
Newly Registered

Post by jatinderrai2015 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is fine. Just to let you guys know my wife got the visa today :D we over the moon. Harry C goodluck with your one today. they do tend to process it within 40days. Anyone have questions then please email me.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:36 pm

jatinderrai2015 wrote:Hello everyone. Hope everyone is fine. Just to let you guys know my wife got the visa today :D we over the moon. Harry C goodluck with your one today. they do tend to process it within 40days. Anyone have questions then please email me.
Congratulations Jatinder
Bet you are relieved.
yes the website do say 31-40 working days.

i will PM you
harry
Settlement visa

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 am

jatinderrai wrote:Hello Everybody,

My name is Jatinder Singh and new on this forum, I am UK Born and Bred. I have read many posts on here and there are some very helpful people so thought I post. Pleaseeeee Helppppp.....I recently married in India to my wife and we put a spouse visa app on 13 August 2015 from jalandhar which was sent to new delhi. I have not heard nothing from UKBA if visa been granted or not? Why is it taking so long? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Couple days ago I received a email from them stating the matter is not straight forward and will take longer. I showed this to my solicitor who confirmed my case is straight forward, I am on salary which exceeds there requirements and we have a genuine marriage. Then why is it taking so long?????? Please help? Has anyone else submitted a visa application in August/September?

Please find details below of the email:

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Premium Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible. Please note that fees paid are non-refundable.

We will notify you via e-mail once your application has been decided and despatched.

Please do not attend the visa application centre until you have been asked to do so.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UK Visas and Immigration contact details can be found at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region
My case was straight forward too and it took three months :lol: so calm down and don't worry. They take some time to make decisions on settlement applications.

EDIT: As always didn't read the whole thread. Congrats mate and have a wonderful life with your wife in the UK.

jatinderrai2015
Newly Registered

Post by jatinderrai2015 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Navodwickra thanks alot......

Harry C mu personal messages are not opening. Feel free to most on here. Ukvi are speeding up now, don't be put off if you get the email not straightforward case.

Goodluck all

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:06 pm

jatinderrai2015 wrote:Navodwickra thanks alot......

Harry C mu personal messages are not opening. Feel free to most on here. Ukvi are speeding up now, don't be put off if you get the email not straightforward case.

Goodluck all
You won't be able to send or receive PMs until you have made 10 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 pm

jatinderrai2015 wrote:Navodwickra thanks alot......

Goodluck all
Jatinder
Can you post your timeline. Also did you apply for sms servce. When did your spouse received an email to say that the decision has been made?
Can you list what proof you submitted for genuine relationship?

Thanks
Harry
harry
Settlement visa