ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is COL done during FP app or UK res card app?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Is COL done during FP app or UK res card app?

Post by robsters » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:30 am

so basically is centre of life test done during application for FP or when ur in the uk applying for residence card?

adedayoh

Re: Is COL done during FP app or UK res card app?

Post by adedayoh » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Its done when u r bk in the UK and u apply using the eea form. If u go on the ukba website u should read the guidance note for caseworkers dealing with SS route applications.
It helps u as an applicant to understand what they require and it makes filling the forms easier

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Since you granted the FP, you like already done centre of life test :) so take next step to apply for the EEA2
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:20 pm

kunfayakun wrote:Since you granted the FP, you like already done centre of life test :) so take next step to apply for the EEA2
yeah what i thought as guide on brit citz website the SS Route for dummies says its a test done before issue family permit not the residence card right?

also my wife pregnant giving birth in dec would be worth inc paper work to show that as well for residence card?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:33 am

Hey Robster,
Don't worry too much about this stuff,
Apply with all the documents you have gathered while in Dublin, that will suffice, u have a good case. If u want include a letter stating you moved back home because your employer transferred you.

You have lived in Dublin with more your wife for way more than 3 months and u have also worked for more than 3 months.

Am getting transferred to the London office from my job as well, so dats my reason for moving bk also.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:36 am

yeah thats a good idea, i did get transfered as well but didn't stay but i have a contract to show uk site so could inc that right? also my employer in ireland said she write a covering letter saying why we left cause wife was pregnant or shall i change that to being transfered would that be a stronger case?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 am

robsters wrote:
kunfayakun wrote:Since you granted the FP, you like already done centre of life test :) so take next step to apply for the EEA2
yeah what i thought as guide on brit citz website the SS Route for dummies says its a test done before issue family permit not the residence card right?

also my wife pregnant giving birth in dec would be worth inc paper work to show that as well for residence card?
Don't worry so much about the centre of life requirement for now, as it is not Legal in EU law and this is to satisfy the UKVI, your wife's pregnant paperworks would make your case stronger so nothing more to worry, just apply for the EEA2..

Note: As long as your wife married to you (British), she has the rights & residency in UK from you so be relaxed 8)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun