ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR or FLR confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR or FLR confusion

Post by fatimahanif » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi All,

I have gone through a lot of topics to find an answer to this but I am still confused.

I am hoping one of you can help me with this. I came to UK in 2007 and got ILR and BC on the basis of HSMP JR.

In 2013 I sponsored my fiance' to UK who got 6 month visa, which we extended using FLR(M) form at the PEO. When we were given his documents back, it enclosed an information sheet which stated that he is eligible to apply for ILR in 2 years. All this time I was just preparing him to apply for ILR in 2 years time which would have been this October. I prepared him to pass life in the uk test and B1 English test.

A little while ago I started reading information about this online and saw that spouses can only apply for ILR after 5 years. I am still not sure what is the correct procedure.

Should we apply for another extension using FLR(M) or is he eligible for ILR? Please do respond as soon as you can.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse ILR or FLR confusion

Post by physicskate » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 pm

fatimahanif wrote:Hi All,

I have gone through a lot of topics to find an answer to this but I am still confused.

I am hoping one of you can help me with this. I came to UK in 2007 and got ILR and BC on the basis of HSMP JR.

In 2013 I sponsored my fiance' to UK who got 6 month visa, which we extended using FLR(M) form at the PEO. When we were given his documents back, it enclosed an information sheet which stated that he is eligible to apply for ILR in 2 years. All this time I was just preparing him to apply for ILR in 2 years time which would have been this October. I prepared him to pass life in the uk test and B1 English test.

A little while ago I started reading information about this online and saw that spouses can only apply for ILR after 5 years. I am still not sure what is the correct procedure.

Should we apply for another extension using FLR(M) or is he eligible for ILR? Please do respond as soon as you can.
As you applied for your initial family route visa aftr 6 July 2012, you are on a 5 year route after switching to FLR(M). So your spouse will need 5 years of FLR(M) before he applies for ILR.