ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to ILR,what about my dependent?? Help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saha13
Newly Registered

Tier 4 to ILR,what about my dependent?? Help please

Post by Saha13 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm applying for ILR as I complete my 10 years on 07/10/2015. I'm in Tier 4 visa. My spouse is on Tier 4 dependent visa and haa full time work right. She camd here on 2009. Her visa is also expiring on 10/10/15,same as me.my query is
How can she apply for a visa? One lawyer said she can apply for sspouse visa. Can she apply for the visa with me at the same time? I am doing a postal application. Will her application be in pprocess till I get my visa? Thank you.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 to ILR,what about my dependent?? Help please

Post by physicskate » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Saha13 wrote:I'm applying for ILR as I complete my 10 years on 07/10/2015. I'm in Tier 4 visa. My spouse is on Tier 4 dependent visa and haa full time work right. She camd here on 2009. Her visa is also expiring on 10/10/15,same as me.my query is
How can she apply for a visa? One lawyer said she can apply for sspouse visa. Can she apply for the visa with me at the same time? I am doing a postal application. Will her application be in pprocess till I get my visa? Thank you.

If you have hired a lawyer, surely they can advise you? Between you, are you earning over £18,600 pa? Are there any children?

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:08 pm

SET(LR) form on its page 2 says Immigration rules for long residency do not allow dependents. under the heading WHO MAY APPLY WITH YOU. this is the first thing you need to take in account !

your dependent visa will expire after few days when you apply and postal applications may take up to six month that is really a question what status she is going to have, she will be an over stayer once her visa expires and she can not apply with you.
no guarantee that you will for sure be granted ILR what application she will be filling in even if you decide to lodge her application with yours.
moving onto ILR spousal it takes a series of documents to produce and meeting the income threshold is another thing to think about when you are tier 4 student.

lets see what seniors say this wont be very first time somebody is coming across this situation

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:06 pm

I think better to go for same day service so you can send off your dependants application before their visa expire.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

favour

Post by favour » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 pm

I thought such dependant (of tier 4) can apply for the 10 year flr(fp) partner route when the main applicant get ILR based on LR, as it may not be possible fulfilling the 18600 requirement.
But reading through vinny's link, I am confused. it seems as if flr(fp) 10 year partner route will not an option

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks Vinny. I spoke to UKVI and different advisors are giving different suggestions,starting from SET(O) to FLR(O),FLR(M). I'm so confused. I think FLP(FP) is the best option but we don't have any child. I live here since 2005 and been to my country only three 3 times for a month. One more thing though I cannot work as Tier 4,she earns £19000 a year. Will that be any help for her application? Please suggest me,I'm running pillar to post but no one can give me a definite answer. Any help is truely appreciated. Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Saha13 wrote:Thanks Vinny. I spoke to UKVI and different advisors are giving different suggestions,starting from SET(O) to FLR(O),FLR(M). I'm so confused. I think FLP(FP) is the best option but we don't have any child. I live here since 2005 and been to my country only three 3 times for a month. One more thing though I cannot work as Tier 4,she earns £19000 a year. Will that be any help for her application? Please suggest me,I'm running pillar to post but no one can give me a definite answer. Any help is truely appreciated. Thanks

As you meet the financial requirement (through your wife working legally in the UK and earning over £18,600), you should apply for FLR(M). She will be on a regular ole spouse visa (FLR(M)) once you are on ILR. Make sure to include info in your cover letter asking about deciding her application after your own has been decided.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm

one more thing I want to add is that my wife is doing a job since August where her Annual salary is £15000. And she has started a part time jobs since September where her Annual salary is around £4000. She used to work but left her work on May. What I have researched she has around £4500 from Sep 2014-April 2015(part time) and now £15000+£4000. She has got job offer letter for both of the job. So is this ok if she submits

1. 1st job offer letter
2. 2nd job offer letter
3. 8 months payslips(covering last 12 months)
4 Bank statements
5. Cover letter
6. Main applicant details
7. Hospital letter/NHS letter
8. water bill/Electoral form
9. Marriage certificate
10.Passport+ BRP
Is there anything else she needs to supply to make her application stronger. I will apply by post,and apply at same time I'm sorry if asking a lot. I cannot afford any solicitor at the moment,I'm doing everything myself. Thank you for all ur help and support.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Also refer to Appendix FM-SE.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Thank you Vinny. I was going through the FLR(M) form,where I saw I need to provide details of my sponsor,like when they got their settlement or their HO reference number. I will do a postal application along with my wife(FLRM). How can I provide a settlement date or a application ref number immediately? Or can I explain everything in the cover letter and leave those space blank? Please help. Advice me what to do? Thank you.