ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isaac123
Newly Registered

Spouse visa requirements

Post by isaac123 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi - I'm british national and I got married last year. Now I'm about to apply my wife's visa. Someone please send me full list of spouse visa requirements. Also I'm not sure which english test requires for spouse visa. I heard if you're applying after April 2015, there's a new english test. Someone would please suggest me? Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa requirements

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:41 pm

isaac123 wrote:Hi - I'm british national and I got married last year. Now I'm about to apply my wife's visa. Someone please send me full list of spouse visa requirements. Also I'm not sure which english test requires for spouse visa. I heard if you're applying after April 2015, there's a new english test. Someone would please suggest me? Thanks
Gladly, all you need is here;

http://bfy.tw/1XwZ
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Very funny Wanderer. Always tempted... :wink:

A1 level English. Read through this link. Do you earn a minimum of £18,600 or have £16,000 or over in savings to make up any shortfall.
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:42 am

Hi - Thanks for your reply. Yea I earn more than £18,600 and I do have good savings as well.

Also would you please suggest which english test she should go for ? Is it IELTS General ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 am

It needs to be English A1 from an approved test provider on this list (click), so it depends on which country your wife is applying from and what is available there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks She's applying from Pakistan.

Do you know which application form do I need for that? The ukba website seems a bit confusing. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:27 pm

isaac123 wrote:Do you know which application form do I need for that? The ukba website seems a bit confusing. Thanks
Application for what? The spouse visa?

Have you clicked on the link that Casa provided?

Please also read Update for Spouse Visa Applications from Pakistan (click) and please note particularly how to apply as there are two separate steps for the applications which involves documents being sent to two different addresses (one in UK and one in Pakistan)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi I can see there're 2 different tests at English A1 level for spouse visa. Please suggest me which one my wife should go for? thanks

Approved Secure English Language Test: Graded Examinations in Spoken English
Selt Provider: Trinity College London
Awarding Body: Trinity College London
Level: A1
Minimum Grade required: GESE Grade 2 pass in speaking and listening 2 years

Approved Secure English Language Test: IELTS Life Skills
Selt Provider: IELTS SELT Consortium
Awarding Body: Cambridge English Language Assessment
Level: A1
Minimum Grade required: Pass

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Both of those are in the UK! Scroll down the list to 'Approved SELT test centres in Rest of the World'
and then scroll down further until you get to Pakistan.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:50 pm

Yea I found that but it doesn't say the test name. So what's the test called. If she goes for registeration which test she would select? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:05 pm

The test is shown in the first column - IELTS SELT Consortium
(Casa, not CR001)

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi - Does anyone know what documents required to register for IELTS Life Skills A1 in Pakistan for spouse visa? Do I need to send my wife my passport photocopy for registration ? Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

isaac123
Newly Registered

Divorced and sponsoring my wife

Post by isaac123 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi - I was married to a british national few years ago and then I got divorced recently and had an arranged marriage from pakistan. My wife and my family don't know about my first marriage in the UK. Now I'm about to apply her spouse visa but I don't want to disclose my first marraige to my wife and family. Is there anyway to work around this? If I don't mention it in Application Form, Home Office will find that out and they will refuse her visa straight away. What could be the alternative please ? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Divorced and sponsoring my wife

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:00 pm

No way around it if you want your wife to settle in the UK. Apart from declaring the previous marriage and divorce on the application form, you will also have to submit the divorce decree absolute certificate. If you fail to disclose this, apart from the application being refused, your wife (through no fault of her own) will face a 10 year ban,
Also, as you mention that you were previously married to a British national, I assume that you were under Immigration control at some point during your marriage? If so, this will be held on record and will immediately flag up on the system when you submit your current wife's spouse visa application. So in short, there would be no point in attempting to hide it. Hopefully your current marriage in Pakistan took place after your decree absolute was granted, otherwise you're in an even stickier position.
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:03 pm

isaac123 wrote:Hi - I was married to a british national few years ago and then I got divorced recently and had an arranged marriage from pakistan. My wife and my family don't know about my first marriage in the UK. Now I'm about to apply her spouse visa but I don't want to disclose my first marraige to my wife and family. Is there anyway to work around this? If I don't mention it in Application Form, Home Office will find that out and they will refuse her visa straight away. What could be the alternative please ? Thanks
The application needs to be completed fully and honestly without errors or omission of material facts.
As it is your wife's application it is she who is responsible for the content and the material facts she is signing for in the declaration at the end.

You could discuss the matter with her.
There is no real way around that.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks

I heard I can provide confidential information to HO about her application separately. In that case I wouldn't have to declare my previous marriage in the application form.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:57 pm

I don't know where you've heard that, but you've been misled. As it's your wife who will be submitting the application (not you) the previous marriage will have to be declared on the application form and submitted with the divorce absolute. The case worker won't be interested in assisting you in withholding the truth from your wife. The UKVI system doesn't function like that.
You're obviously panicking about this, but think of it logically. If you really believe that you could persuade the Home Office to 'keep your secret' and allow the application to proceed with false information, who would you contact? Do you know which Entry Officers would be working on your wife's application to get them on your side...or do you think you could just call or email a 'help-line'? This just isn't going to happen. Also consider the fact that at each extension stage of your wife's visa, permanent residence and later an application for British Citizenship would also have to be falsified.
Think again. :| You'll have to tell your wife the truth if you want her to join you here.
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:12 pm

isaac123 wrote:Thanks

I heard I can provide confidential information to HO about her application separately. In that case I wouldn't have to declare my previous marriage in the application form.
:?: :!:

Don't forget your wife is quite entitled to apply for her visa quite independently from you (apart from crosschecking on pertinent facts & dates that relate to you) before she signs off with the legal declaration on her application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

isaac123
Newly Registered

Post by isaac123 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Noajthan - Would you please explain that I didn't get your point. Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:53 pm

isaac123 wrote:Noajthan - Would you please explain that I didn't get your point. Thanks

It is your wife who submits the application along with the documentation. You do not apply for her visa, and thus hiding material fact will not work and it is fraud.

The fact that you hid your first marriage from your family suggests (to me) that you have committed other frauds.... perhaps visa fraud?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:07 pm

The crucial point here that shouldn't be overlooked is that if there is a record of your first marriage on any visa application that you have made in the past, it would be impossible to hide this. I've already mentioned that all information stays on the UKVI system to be matched with any future visa applications that are linked to you.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:06 pm

physicskate wrote:
isaac123 wrote:Noajthan - Would you please explain that I didn't get your point. Thanks

It is your wife who submits the application along with the documentation. You do not apply for her visa, and thus hiding material fact will not work and it is fraud.

The fact that you hid your first marriage from your family suggests (to me) that you have committed other frauds.... perhaps visa fraud?
dodgy.com....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

isaac123
Newly Registered

Calling my wife on visit visa

Post by isaac123 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:51 am

Hi - I'm british national and I got married a year ago. I'm planning to sponsor my wife on visit visa. So that she can come here to live with me for few months. We don't have any children yet. Someone please send me detail how to apply for her visit visa and will she get visit visa easily? Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:00 am

How will she convince the ECO that she will leave you and the UK at the end of her intended visit?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.