ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Biometrics mandatory for Naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gujalls
United Kingdom

Is Biometrics mandatory for Naturalization?

Post by gujalls » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:41 am

Hi,

I recently applied for the Naturalization via NCS.

During the process, I asked the NCS person if it will take 2 weeks to get the biometrics letter and she said that I might not need to give a biometric since I have recently given for my ILR which is just an year old.

Is this true? :o

Please can you help me out to know whether biometric is optional or mandatory in the current process. I have been postponing my travel due to this. :(
How can I confirm? :x

Thanks very much for your help.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Is Biometrics mandatory for Naturalization?

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 am

gujalls wrote:Hi,

I recently applied for the Naturalization via NCS.

During the process, I asked the NCS person if it will take 2 weeks to get the biometrics letter and she said that I might not need to give a biometric since I have recently given for my ILR which is just an year old.

Is this true? :o

Please can you help me out to know whether biometric is optional or mandatory in the current process. I have been postponing my travel due to this. :(
How can I confirm? :x

Thanks very much for your help.
Its mandatory!! unless you dont have any fingers!!
My husband got his ILR in 2014 and had to re-do biometrics for his BC application in June 2015. Everyone applying after April 2015 has to do it.....

Id advise not to travel at all but if you have to then go AFTER biometrics have been submitted!

gujalls
United Kingdom

Re: Is Biometrics mandatory for Naturalization?

Post by gujalls » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks very much for the reply.
I'll wait for the biometrics letter to arrive.