ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Sponser Change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sss123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponser Change

Post by sss123 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 am

Dear All,

Can somebody help me with my situation.

I came to UK in January 2010 as a tier 4 student. completed my BSC degree in 2014 (Cvil Engineering) and also got a sponsorship from a company and switched to tier 2 General in 2014. My Tier2 general visa has been issued until 2019.

Now the company I’m working at present facing difficulties and they are trying to close their operation in UK (mother company in South Africa) in end of 2016.
If I find a new sponsor now ,
1. Can I apply for any job or do I need to go through the labour market test?
2. Is there any salary limit for a new job ?
3. is the new job need to be in the shortage list?

Thanks !

sarathml86
India

Re: Tier 2 Sponser Change

Post by sarathml86 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 am

1.Can I apply for any job or do I need to go through the labor market test?
You can apply for the jobs related to your previous experience, or educational background, Example as a civil engineer you could apply any jobs in this field as long as you can justify or your sponsor can justify. I assume you wouldnt be looking for a electrical engineers job or restaurant managers jobs as you are a civil engineer by profession.
You should check uk tier 2 list of SOC (google) the latest publication for 2015-2016 and you can see the jobs suitable for sponsorship and the salary requirements
3. is the new job need to be in the shortage list
If the new job is in the shortage list then your employer doesn't have to go through labor market test as the job is listed as shortage , else you must check if the job is in the Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers
Standard Occupational Classification. (google) - Civil engineers are in the list. minimum salary requirement for experienced in 30K.

madimm
Newly Registered

Post by madimm » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:23 pm

1. Can I apply for any job or do I need to go through the labour market test?
You can't apply for "any job" unless you have skills to fit any job.
RLMT is a must.

Yes.

3. is the new job need to be in the shortage list?
No.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:29 pm

the above information is not exactly correct.

You can apply for any job, as long as it is on nvq level 6. as a civil engineers have high demand in investment banking and consulting firms, you can apply for those jobs, even though u dont have education or experience relevent, but there is nothing stopping u from getting a job and getting a visa.

RLMT will have to be done before changing visa

each soc code has a min salary requirement.. u must meet those min requirements. list is below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

madimm
Newly Registered

Post by madimm » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:44 pm

iworker wrote:the above information is not exactly correct.

You can apply for any job, as long as it is on nvq level 6. as a civil engineers have high demand in investment banking and consulting firms, you can apply for those jobs, even though u dont have education or experience relevent, but there is nothing stopping u from getting a job and getting a visa.
Thanks for clarifying that. The only restriction for job is:

"The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organisation."

sss123
Newly Registered

Post by sss123 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi ,

I have switched from Student visa ,Tier 4 to Tier 2 general . when i was switching that time ,it didn't need to go through the Labour market test as per the UKBA rules.

Since my sponcer is going to close their business in UK , i'm looking for a new sponser to change.
Do I still need to go through the Labour market test ?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 pm

it doesnt matter what is happening to your sponsor.
Whenever u decide to change sponsor, the new sponsor will have to carry out rlmt (Unless an exemption applies due to shortage occupation )

sss123
Newly Registered

Post by sss123 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:03 pm

I also have some questions if somebody can help with

1) can i switched from Tier 2 General to Tier 4 general for a further studies in my field as i already completed my BSc in July 2014.

2) if i switch to tier 4 from tier 2, and in the middle of my next course which will be a Msc , if i find a sponsor can i again switch to tier 2 while considering my degree qualification which completed in 2014 .