ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - English exam

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmccarthy
South Africa

FLR(M) - English exam

Post by gmccarthy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm busy completing the FLRM for my spousal visa extension and have a query on the English exam requirements.

I've read in quite a few places that since I originally used my IELTS to apply for my spousal visa I can now use it again for the FLRM. Even though the IETLS exam has expired. (Expired Oct 2012)

When completing the form section 8.4 says have you passed an acceptable English language test approved by the home office.

Ticking yes.

Then if you answered yes to 8.4 provide details. If you sat your English test before 6th April 2015 provide details of test:
- Cambridge English
- City & guilds
- Pearson
- Trinity College London

What do I select - there is no tick box for IETLS?

prjose
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - English exam

Post by prjose » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi there,

Not exactly an answer to your question, but my spouse used IELTS older than 2 years for her FLR-M on July 2015 and never had trouble and got the visa approved.

If you look at their webside http://www.ielts.org/about_us.aspx , it says "IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment". If I was you I would tick "Cambridge English" and clearly specify in the columns below details of your IELTS exam/report .

Hope this helps.

-prjose

gmccarthy
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - English exam

Post by gmccarthy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks very much. Good to know you spouse did not have problems.

Thinking about it now I also think Cambridge English is the correct option.