ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA employers letters

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivofena83
Newly Registered

EEA employers letters

Post by ivofena83 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Hello. I'm currently preparing to apply for British citizenship through NCS. I live in UK from 07.2008 and worked all the time. Today i booked my appointment with the NCS and they told me that I must bring letter from my employers to prove that I exercise EU treaty rights. I can't get the letters from my former employers, because they told me they don't keep the record for my employment with them (or they just don't want to do it). I have most of the payslips for the period, I have full bank history, I have most of the contracts stating my start date and I have all the P60 and P45. I spoke with the Home Office before couple of mounts and they told me that the P60 and P45 will be enough. So now I'm confused. Should I try to go to my appointment with NCS if they gone reject my application because I don't have the letters from my employers, or should I just post my application directly to the Home Office and save my self the money and the time to attend the appointment with the NCS? Are my documents enough to prove that I exercise my treaty rights? Thank you in advance.

okclave
Newly Registered

Re: EEA employers letters

Post by okclave » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:18 pm

when i did my application i had both all my p45s and employment letter (1 employer in the past 7 years luckily)
They just took the letter and nothing else, but from what i understand if you don't have a letter the p45s should be more than enough. I think they prefer a letter cause it is easier?

sorry i can't help you more.

ivofena83
Newly Registered

Post by ivofena83 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:10 pm

So does any one know if I must have letters from my employers?

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:34 pm

I did not have any letters but I had P60s and P45s. So do not worry. You don't need any letters. It would just easier to UKVA but it's not an obligation

ivofena83
Newly Registered

Post by ivofena83 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:42 am

Thank you. That is what I was told by the home office. Will bring everything I have with me and will hope for the best.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:55 pm

Another option is to request an employment history from the HMRC which basically shows the source of income, company name, start date, end date, tax paid and tax code

Example:

http://i61.tinypic.com/3325tv6.png

But mine took 40 days, similar to a SAR (which I also got and is a lot more detailed but not required)