ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

speeding fine with naturalisation application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prashantleeds
Newly Registered

speeding fine with naturalisation application?

Post by prashantleeds » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi there,

Kindly help for this query.

I applied for naturalisation last week with declaration of speeding fine and parking ticket as per below.

1. got speeding fine and offered speed awareness course which was completed by 5 Dec 2013.
2. parking ticket on 22 Apr 2015 and paid

I would like to share my experience of NCS. She advised me not to apply as it requires three years clearance since I attended speed awareness course (She said that its on my criminal record!), I thought opposite because we were told during course that there won't be any point deduction or kept on record! she kept insisting me not to apply and quoted another applicant who accpeted her advise and didn't apply a week before I applied.

She actually made me confused because the guidelines on www.gov.uk, says that unless I went to court and convicted, case worker won't consider it and also there is thrashhold of ONE YEAR (If you havent' had any speeing fine in last 12 months). I stick to my opinion and applied although she asked me to sign on a draft which said that I applied against NCS advise!

AN guideline says that each indvidual case will be checked with its own merit. So, I believe that that letter, written by NCS (Sent with my application) and signed by me, won't have any influence, finger crossed.(Whats your thought?).

I also found very weird behaviour from NCS lady as rather helping or assisting, she kept asking me to apply once three years over which will be by Dec 2016. I objected and told her not to reach to any conlcusion as she doesn't have to decide on my application but she said she spoke to case worker in home office and found out.I asked to show details but she could't produce any specific guidelines.

She kept telling me that speeding fine (even if attending course) is still non-custodial offence and still on crimianl record ? is that right ?

Over all, my experience with NCS rep was negative and felt that she wants to delay deliberately.

Please respond my query.

Thanks,
Prashant

chowkal

Re: speeding fine with naturalisation application?

Post by chowkal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:07 am

Dear Prashant,

I think NCS is not correct on their advise to you. Not sure which NCS is used.

I and my spouse succesfully naturalised this year with one ticket each (using mobile while driving, and speeding ticket)

Mobile phone driving conviction, ( no court visit) three points and fine on July 2012 and applied Natuarlistaion on April 2015 and got approved. Even I didn't mention this during my ILR as advised by my OISC agent.

And NCS croydon advised me not to mention on the form as it happened in July 2012. However, they took a copy of my license (green part)

Also, my patner had a speeding ticket in 2015 and went for speed awareness course and was advised by NCS that we dont have to mention that at all

So, both applications were succesfull with one ticket each. So you should be fine

Good luck