ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused - Language requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaka786
Newly Registered

Visa Refused - Language requirements

Post by kaka786 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi All,

My wife completed a valid KET test from Cambridge English Language Assessment in Dec 2014. The ECO was unable to check the results on line and on this basis refused entry and her spouse visa.

I have contacted Cambridge English, who informed me they have received 60+ candidates with similar refusals. They have put the fault on the college where the exam was taken, as they failed to upload the results and can no longer do this now, what a pain!

Cambridge English have provided me a letter confirming UKVI can check the results with them manually through a specific URL, letter attached also.

Based on this, would appreciate your thoughts on the following

1) Whats the chances of a successful appeal at the first stage? I don't want this dragged to the tribunal.

2) Is it worth while submitting the appeal + another English test from the new list, won't be an issue for my wife to sit.

3) Can I submit an Appeal + New application at the same time and retract new application IF the appeal is successful? - just trying to save time there.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Attachments:

Refusal Letter:
Image Image

Cambridge English - Letter:

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Visa Refused - Language requirements

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Submitting a proper detailed appeal may be more sensible and cheaper than a new application
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:34 pm

kaka786 wrote:Hi All,

My wife completed a valid KET test from Cambridge English Language Assessment in Dec 2014. The ECO was unable to check the results on line and on this basis refused entry and her spouse visa.

I have contacted Cambridge English, who informed me they have received 60+ candidates with similar refusals. They have put the fault on the college where the exam was taken, as they failed to upload the results and can no longer do this now, what a pain!

Cambridge English have provided me a letter confirming UKVI can check the results with them manually through a specific URL, letter attached also.

Based on this, would appreciate your thoughts on the following

1) Whats the chances of a successful appeal at the first stage? I don't want this dragged to the tribunal.

2) Is it worth while submitting the appeal + another English test from the new list, won't be an issue for my wife to sit.

3) Can I submit an Appeal + New application at the same time and retract new application IF the appeal is successful? - just trying to save time there.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Attachments:

Refusal Letter:
Image Image

Cambridge English - Letter:

Thanks
1) Sounds reasonable - it appears it was a technical/procedural issue with a 3rd party system that blocked your approval & nothing in your control.

2) Could be a prudent move.

3) No comment - I don't know.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi all

Just a quick update

My wife’s visa was refused in September due to fact that ECO was unable to verify test results. It transpires that Grafton College failed to upload results as well as her test day photo that was taken on the test day on to UKVI’s portal.
Last week ECA from Islamabad contacted us via email please see below.
I am an Entry Clearance Assistant at the British High Commission In Islamabad, Pakistan. Your application is currently being assessed. Kindly send us your Cambridge Certificate. Please send us scanned copy of this evidence to this E-mail address as attachment either in word format urgently. While replying, please do not change the contents written on top, in “subject” column of this mail as we have mentioned your case reference number there, which will help us to trace out your reply out of hundreds of E-mails, which we receive each day.
We have now sent everything that the ECA asked us to provide. I have also contacted Cambridge English in London to find out whether UKVI have asked for verification, please see below response from Cambridge English.
Just a very quick message to confirm that the UKVI have requested that we verify *******'s result manually. We have verified her result for them, though as previously discussed, this does not necessarily mean that they will overturn any decision. I do hope that it's a good sign for you however and I'd like to wish you both good luck.
Just one question is anyone out there is in a similar situation?
Your thought on this matter would be much appreciated?

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:14 pm

kaka786 wrote:Hi all

Just a quick update

My wife’s visa was refused in September due to fact that ECO was unable to verify test results. It transpires that Grafton College failed to upload results as well as her test day photo that was taken on the test day on to UKVI’s portal.
Last week ECA from Islamabad contacted us via email please see below.
I am an Entry Clearance Assistant at the British High Commission In Islamabad, Pakistan. Your application is currently being assessed. Kindly send us your Cambridge Certificate. Please send us scanned copy of this evidence to this E-mail address as attachment either in word format urgently. While replying, please do not change the contents written on top, in “subject” column of this mail as we have mentioned your case reference number there, which will help us to trace out your reply out of hundreds of E-mails, which we receive each day.
We have now sent everything that the ECA asked us to provide. I have also contacted Cambridge English in London to find out whether UKVI have asked for verification, please see below response from Cambridge English.
Just a very quick message to confirm that the UKVI have requested that we verify *******'s result manually. We have verified her result for them, though as previously discussed, this does not necessarily mean that they will overturn any decision. I do hope that it's a good sign for you however and I'd like to wish you both good luck.
Just one question is anyone out there is in a similar situation?
Your thought on this matter would be much appreciated?

Hi, I have heard few cases similar to you. Post your question in http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 4-540.html
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Final Update;

We received an email from ECO in Islamabad. My wife’s case has been reconsidered and her visa has been granted. She will be contacted to submit her passport.

Thank you all for your help and support

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:32 pm

kaka786 wrote:Final Update;

We received an email from ECO in Islamabad. My wife’s case has been reconsidered and her visa has been granted. She will be contacted to submit her passport.

Thank you all for your help and support
I think I was one on the first cases for this happen and I'm still waiting in on my appeal, can I ask if you contact UKVI or anything for them to send you that email for certificate verification as I'm still here waiting while everybody has their Cambridge KET overturned
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:15 pm

We contacted Home office and raised an official complaint. Few weeks later ECA from Islamabad contacted us via email please see below email. I am an Entry Clearance Assistant at the British High Commission In Islamabad, Pakistan. Your application is currently being assessed. Kindly send us your Cambridge Certificate.

On the same day we sent them what they asked. Few weeks later ECO send the following. My wife’s case has been reconsidered and her visa has been granted. She will be contacted to submit her passport.

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:36 pm

kaka786 wrote:We contacted Home office and raised an official complaint. Few weeks later ECA from Islamabad contacted us via email please see below email. I am an Entry Clearance Assistant at the British High Commission In Islamabad, Pakistan. Your application is currently being assessed. Kindly send us your Cambridge Certificate.

On the same day we sent them what they asked. Few weeks later ECO send the following. My wife’s case has been reconsidered and her visa has been granted. She will be contacted to submit her passport.
Can I asked how you contacted them and what you said
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:21 am

My wife received a phone call today and was asked a few questions, they then said they will send Call In Letter in the post!!!! Mashallah such good news!! updated time line below!!

Applied : 13/05/15
Appeal Submitted Online : 18/08/15
Payment Taken: 19/08/15
MP's letter to home office: Rejected 13/10
Second MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent out: 03/11/15