ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should family member's immigration law offenses be disclosed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KarmaPolice
Newly Registered

should family member's immigration law offenses be disclosed

Post by KarmaPolice » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Hello,

my fianceé and I are preparing to apply for a fianceé visa. A family member of hers is an illegal alien in the EU. She had been refused a Schengen (90 day visitor's) visa two years ago, and among the reasons given was this family member's situation (primary reasons were her holding neither job nor property in her home country).

Now in the fiancee visa application there is a questions asking about past rejected visas or entries. Apart from the exact reason wording (("your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained”) not fitting into the text box, should we disclose the status of her family member, and if so where in the application and how? Should we attach and translate the rejection letter?

Your help is appreciated

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: should family member's immigration law offenses be discl

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:39 pm

You're not required to do so.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KarmaPolice
Newly Registered

Re: should family member's immigration law offenses be discl

Post by KarmaPolice » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 pm

thanks. We just don't want to give the impression that we are trying to hide anything.

(edit:)
We are worried that if they find out it might make the ECO biased against us. Is this concern justified? What would the best way to counter it?