ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax benefit for child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Tax benefit for child

Post by globalindian » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:30 am

Hi,

My wife and child is currently in UK as a dependent of a British Citizen. However during their extension process through FLR( M) i can see that there is a requirement to declare the tax credit or tax benefit.

I would like to highlight that I have taken Childcare voucher from my company for my child's nursery. Just taken it for 2 months though. The company has used salary sacrifice and deducted necessary child care. In this tax/NI has been saved.

I am very worried now that if this is considered as a tax benefit, tax credit or a form of public fund.

And various agencies are giving different answers and over the internet as well there are conflicting responses. I am quite happy to repay it in this year's tax return but not sure if this is going to impact either my dependent's extension and further ILR process.

Can you please help?

Regards