ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier2 visa extension salary requirement ? ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bunty245

tier2 visa extension salary requirement ? ?

Post by bunty245 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:58 pm

hii sushdmehta. my name is amandeep actually i am on tier2 visa which was granted on oct2013 from psw category. and at tht time as new entrant my salary was 22000 p/a under 39 hours p/w. my question is my salary is still same how it will effect during extension. my soc code is 3545 for this job. can you please answer my some question.
1. how much salary minimum salary i need to show during extension which is due for extension next year.
2. what if my company don't increase my salary.
3. what if my company promote me to high level under same job with salary of 32500 p/a.
4. my employer pay fixed per month which is equivalent to 32500 p/a how do i state this in my cos.
5. if any kind of change happen in my job do i need to inform ukba.

please help me so i can make future arrangements for my extension mwithout any problrm. thanx

manci
Respected Guru

Re: tier2 visa extension salary requirement ? ?

Post by manci » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:01 am

bunty245 wrote:hii sushdmehta. my name is amandeep actually i am on tier2 visa which was granted on oct2013 from psw category. and at tht time as new entrant my salary was 22000 p/a under 39 hours p/w. my question is my salary is still same how it will effect during extension. my soc code is 3545 for this job. can you please answer my some question.
1. how much salary minimum salary i need to show during extension which is due for extension next year.
you'll need to be paid the experienced rate which is £32,500 for a 39 hour week at present but is likely to go up next April
2. what if my company don't increase my salary.
the choice is reduced hours or looking for a new sponsor
3. what if my company promote me to high level under same job with salary of 32500 p/a.
see above
4. my employer pay fixed per month which is equivalent to 32500 p/a how do i state this in my cos.
the CoS is your sponsor's responsibility, not yours
5. if any kind of change happen in my job do i need to inform ukba.
it is up to the sponsor to comply with their reporting duties
please help me so i can make future arrangements for my extension mwithout any problrm. thanx

ronnyd
India

Tier 2 General – Working Hours/ Salary requirement Query

Post by ronnyd » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Hello respected guru,

I’m currently on Tier 2 General Visa which was sponsored by my employer in Apr 2013 under SOC code “2321 – Scientific Researchers (SOC2000)”. My visa extension is due in May 2016 and I’m planning to use the SOC 2010 equivalent of 2321 which is “2119 - Natural and social science professionals not elsewhere classified”.
As per the SOC code of practice, the salary rate for 2119 is 27,200 and the source is mentioned as
[Source: Evidence from partners who responded to the Migration Advisory Committee in 2011 uplifted based on national changes in earnings].

As per my understanding the source doesn’t fall under any of the below categories mentioned in the code of practice:

“The rates are based on a 39-hour working week for all occupations where the salary source used is the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.
Where other salary sources are used, please note that the rates are based on the following weekly hours:
• Where the source is NHS Agenda for Change or the Royal Institute of British Architects, a 37.5-hour week;
• Where the source is teachers’ national pay scales, the definition of a full-time teacher is used when determining those pay scales;
• Where the source is the National Grid submission to the Migration Advisory Committee, a 37-hour week;
• In all other cases, a 40-hour week.”

Could you please advise me what number of working hours is the salary (27,200) for soc code 2119 based on?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:25 am

"In all other cases, a 40-hour week.”

Note that salary thresholds are likely to increase in April.

ronnyd
India

Post by ronnyd » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks a lot Manci!!! Much appreciated :)

I have a couple more questions , could you please help ?

1) If I get the COS for tier 2 extension issued before April and the visa application is done after the rules / salary rates change, will the old salary rates still apply to me ?

2) As per your guidance, if the salary rate (27200) for 2119 is based on 40 hours per week can I prorate the salary as per my weekly working hours ?

Experienced salary rate = 27200 at 40 hours per week

My current working hours = 36.5 hours per week

Therefore the prorated salary rate would be 27200*36.5/40 = 24820

Could you please advise if this is acceptable?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 am

ronnyd wrote:Thanks a lot Manci!!! Much appreciated :)

I have a couple more questions , could you please help ?

1) If I get the COS for tier 2 extension issued before April and the visa application is done after the rules / salary rates change, will the old salary rates still apply to me ?
no - apply before the salary changes take effect

2) As per your guidance, if the salary rate (27200) for 2119 is based on 40 hours per week can I prorate the salary as per my weekly working hours ?
yes

Experienced salary rate = 27200 at 40 hours per week

My current working hours = 36.5 hours per week

Therefore the prorated salary rate would be 27200*36.5/40 = 24820
correct
Could you please advise if this is acceptable?

ronnyd
India

Post by ronnyd » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Thank you very much :)

Is there a draft document of intended changes to the SOC code of practice? If so could you please tell me where can I find it? Just wondering if there is a way to find out what the new salary requirement would be.

Apologies in advance for firing so many questions.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 am

not yet, changes usually come into effect on 6 April and are published shortly beforehand.

ronnyd
India

Post by ronnyd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Thanks a lot Manci :)