ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK to Ireland and now Ireland to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnan01
Pakistan

UK to Ireland and now Ireland to UK

Post by adnan01 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:08 am

hello guys,

I need some advice so any help would be great. Quick summary below;

- Lived in the UK 2004 to 2011 on student visa (I'm non EU national)
- Met my wife in 2006 Latvian national and had my daughter in 2009.
-In 2011 January moved to Dubai
-2012 moved back to UK with EEA family permit
-Got my EEA Residence Card in Sept 2012 with validity until Sept 2017
-Got job in Ireland so moved again in January 2013 to Ireland and after many hurdles got EU Fam in June 2014 with validity of July 2019

I moved to Ireland only because of good job offer and now based on my career I have been asked by my employer to move back to London office which works well for my family. My wife also wants to go back anyway and my daughter will be happy as well.

My question is;

1- do I need to apply EEA Family permit again for UK or could I just move using my EEA Residence card with validity of 2017 and as soon as I move and settle then I can apply EEA Residence Card again?

2- Is there anyway I could try for Permanent residency in the UK taking my stay in Ireland in to account or it doesn't work that way?

If I apply EEA family permit that can put my job in jeopardy as it will only have 6 months expiry so I will need to decide whether I should go or not.

Please let me know the best way to deal with the situation :)

many thanks,

Adnan
Adnan

noajthan

Re: UK to Ireland and now Ireland to UK

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:22 am

adnan01 wrote:hello guys,

I need some advice so any help would be great. Quick summary below;

- Lived in the UK 2004 to 2011 on student visa (I'm non EU national)
- Met my wife in 2006 Latvian national and had my daughter in 2009.
-In 2011 January moved to Dubai
-2012 moved back to UK with EEA family permit
-Got my EEA Residence Card in Sept 2012 with validity until Sept 2017
-Got job in Ireland so moved again in January 2013 to Ireland and after many hurdles got EU Fam in June 2014 with validity of July 2019

I moved to Ireland only because of good job offer and now based on my career I have been asked by my employer to move back to London office which works well for my family. My wife also wants to go back anyway and my daughter will be happy as well.

My question is;

1- do I need to apply EEA Family permit again for UK or could I just move using my EEA Residence card with validity of 2017 and as soon as I move and settle then I can apply EEA Residence Card again?

2- Is there anyway I could try for Permanent residency in the UK taking my stay in Ireland in to account or it doesn't work that way?

If I apply EEA family permit that can put my job in jeopardy as it will only have 6 months expiry so I will need to decide whether I should go or not.

Please let me know the best way to deal with the situation :)

many thanks,

Adnan
1) The RC is not a visa.
Any absence from UK of over 6 months will break UK residency (unless for a one-off compelling reason).

2) To acquire PR in UK, exercise of treaty rights needs to be continuous for 5 years (in UK).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

adnan01
Pakistan

Post by adnan01 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 am

ok sure RC is not visa I agree..I'm not an immigration Lawyer so mistake is expected :lol:

so does that mean I should apply EEA family permit to get back to the UK or what would be the best way to move back?

I'm looking to move for my family as I can earn better and my wife wants to go back, so I'm just looking to find best and safest way possible
Adnan

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:53 pm

adnan01 wrote:ok sure RC is not visa I agree..I'm not an immigration Lawyer so mistake is expected :lol:

so does that mean I should apply EEA family permit to get back to the UK or what would be the best way to move back?

I'm looking to move for my family as I can earn better and my wife wants to go back, so I'm just looking to find best and safest way possible
Lol! I think noajthan already answered your questions and wasn't trying to correct you on the RC not being a visa. A reminder hehe!
As you're married to your wife, your RC is only confirmation of your already existing rights to reside.

Secondly, you need five continuous years exercising EU rights in the UK, the criteria for PR I am guessing. I'm no pro :)

adnan01
Pakistan

Post by adnan01 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:53 pm

I agree

I'm just thinking of best way of re-entry

Eea family permit or just land and then apply for residence card within three months?

What about already pasted RC? Would that be valid to show to employer or technically not.
Adnan

adnan01
Pakistan

Post by adnan01 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Im moving to back to UK next week using my old RC but I will apply RC asap.

My wife will be looking for work so can we lodge application based on her being job seeker?

She has registration certificate from 2009 when she was student so can we use same registration certificate or she should apply for new one?

regards,
Adnan
Adnan

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:36 pm

adnan01 wrote:Im moving to back to UK next week using my old RC but I will apply RC asap.

My wife will be looking for work so can we lodge application based on her being job seeker?

She has registration certificate from 2009 when she was student so can we use same registration certificate or she should apply for new one?

regards,
Adnan
Wife is an EEA national so won't need a RC to enter UK; (a RC from 2009 will have expired anyway).

I'm not convinced your 2012 RC is still valid if you have been away in Eire over 6 months.
But you should be able to enter UK with wife (& marriage certificate plus id).

Whatever category of qualified person you will need good supporting evidence of status to apply for a RC;
for a jobseeker, register with JobCentre, submit application letters, interview invitations & etc.

Pro tip: Create a papertrail, don't do it all by email.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:45 pm