ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHild British Passport Urgent visit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

puneetdwd

CHild British Passport Urgent visit

Post by puneetdwd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:12 pm

We need to urgently visit India at mid November (5-6 weeks time). We both are on ILR our daughter born in UK and we recently got her Naturalization certificate after a wait for 6 month and 1 week – this disturbed all our plan.

She holds Indian passport and Tier 1 visa dependent visa expiring on 10th oct (in 5 days)
I have some questions on what is the most safe and fast way to travel India
1) To Apply for British passport, which is the best method
a. Online (£46) - 3- 4 weeks
b. Post office Check & Send (£55) - 3- 4 weeks
c. Fast Track – (£87) - ( 1 week)
I would definitely go for Fast track but what if I committed any mistake in the form or anywhere. Can I use online or PO check and send to fast track
2) For India visit
a. I know it takes 3-6 months for OCI
b. If I apply for Indian tourist visa do I need to Submit her Indian passport?

Please suggest, I know some of the question may not be relevant but I have to include to frame the question and make it more understandable.

many thanks
P

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Re: CHild British Passport Urgent visit

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:24 pm

You wont be able to do the fast track one because its child first passport and that too based on naturalisation.

Go for Post office Check and Send and once form is sent call passport office so that they can process the application faster. These guys are really helpful unlike the Home office. You will be able to gee thte passport in about 3 weeks time.

After getting British passport immediately surrender the Indian passport which will take about 1 week.

Then go for Tourist which you can get in 3 days and also if you prefer you can submit the OCI application before leaving so that its ready to collect once you are back.

I am not sure who told you that OCI takes 3-6months it usually takes about 5 weeks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 pm

You can do fast track for the child passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your kind response.
I will apply thru Post office Check & send service and call the Passport office if they can do it early.
For India visit, I called VFS and they say I can't apply for VISA or OCI until we surrender her Indian Passport and get Passport Surrender certificate.

And for VFS Edinburgh it is double the time for all services as they send it to LOndon then to India
They said 3-4 weeks for Passport Surrender certificate and 3-7 days for Indian Visa.

Lets first get into British passport may have to cancel my India Trip
P