ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Visa for my Husband - Queries please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SubhasiniNagesh
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent Visa for my Husband - Queries please help

Post by SubhasiniNagesh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:44 am

Hi All,

I am currently on ILR since Nov 2014 and I got married recently and in the process of applying 'Family of a Settled Person' visa for my Husband from India. We are trying to get his visa application submitted before Sep 2015, to avoid further delay in getting the new set of documents.

I have the following queries on the same, please help me with answers at the earliest. Thank you in advance.

1. Visa Type under Visa4UK online form --> Reason for Visit: Settlement, Visa Type: Settlement, Visa Sub Type: Husband.
2. Under Personal Details and Travel History section, It is asking for Father and Mother details: Should we provide their DOB and Place of Birth? Or Should this be same as the applicant information (my husband)? Please advice.
3. Timeline for processing dependent visa - does it really needs 60 days or more than that? Anyone recently applying as ILR dependents from Chennai visa Office, India, please advice.
4. Sponsorship Undertaking form - There is a column stating 'OFFICE USE' should we get this attested/ signed from U.K officials. Or it is just to be used by the Visa officer.
5. Required Forms list: Please confirm.
a. Online application via Visa4U.
b. Sponsorship Undertaking form.
c. VAF4A - Appendix 2, Financial support Form filled and signed.
d. Cover letter.
6. Should we also fill the VAF4A form along with the above list. - please advice.

Please provide your inputs for the above listed queries. Thanks.

Regards,
Subhasini Nagesh.

SubhasiniNagesh
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependent Visa for my Husband - Queries please help

Post by SubhasiniNagesh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:41 am

Hi All,

Could you help us providing your input for the queries listed.

Is it mandatory to submit UK NARIC certificate to satisfy English language requirement for my spouse. We have got the Letter from University stating that his degree was taught in English.

We are taking 48 hour service for UK NARIC to meet 24th date for submitting Visa application, however it seems to be high risk as they need additional time to post the certificate to our address in India.

Hence, would like to check whether we can skip NARIC certification as we have got the Letter from College. Please advice.

Regards,
Subhasini Nagesh.

vanakkamchennai

Re: ILR Dependent Visa for my Husband - Queries please help

Post by vanakkamchennai » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:35 pm

SubhasiniNagesh wrote:Hi All,

Could you help us providing your input for the queries listed.

Is it mandatory to submit UK NARIC certificate to satisfy English language requirement for my spouse. We have got the Letter from University stating that his degree was taught in English.

We are taking 48 hour service for UK NARIC to meet 24th date for submitting Visa application, however it seems to be high risk as they need additional time to post the certificate to our address in India.

Hence, would like to check whether we can skip NARIC certification as we have got the Letter from College. Please advice.

Regards,
Subhasini Nagesh.

Hi Subashini,

I am an ILR holder, and recently applied for my wife's spouse settlement, which was on Jul 6th. Unfortunately the Visa got rejected and now I have made an appeal.
I have been following several forums and based on my personal advice, please don't be hurry in submitting the application without enough documentation.
Homeoffice is rejecting several applications for lame reasons.

English is mandatory and wait till your certificate arrives.

The current timeline in Chennai is 40 working days. Follow the forum for more upto date news on settlement application from India. http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 0-580.html

I have summarised my experience so far in http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 94795.html
Please go through the list of documents that I have provided and the cover letter. Feel free to ask in http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 0-580.html where I am following the forum daily.

All the best.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

SubhasiniNagesh
Newly Registered

Family of a Settled Person’ Visa

Post by SubhasiniNagesh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:47 pm

We have initiated and submitted the visa application by paying for both Immigrant Health Surcharge and Visa fees.

We did notice that, we had inadvertently mentioned visa expiry as 2016, and hence the IHS payment processed is for only one year, which may also be the case for visa issuing for a period of one year.

We would like to amend our application and pay any additional charges for IHS,

VIsa appointment has been fixed for 12th Oct 2015

Please advice.

SubhaNagi

SubhasiniNagesh
Newly Registered

Re: Family of a Settled Person’ Visa

Post by SubhasiniNagesh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Hello Admin,

We have initiated and submitted the visa application by paying for both Immigrant Health Surcharge and Visa fees.

We did notice that, we had inadvertently mentioned visa expiry as 2016, and hence the IHS payment processed is for only one year, which may also be the case for visa issuing for a period of one year.

We would like to amend our application and pay any additional charges for IHS,

VIsa appointment has been fixed for 12th Oct 2015

Please advice.

SubhaNagi