ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS salary different (lower) than actual contract salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carlosallca
Newly Registered

CoS salary different (lower) than actual contract salary

Post by carlosallca » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 pm

hi all, this is my first post so apologies if this has been posted before... but i hope you can help out.
my employer has been granted a restricted COS in September, and I have been told that the salary they put down during the COS application is less than the salary in the contract. In other words, I'm be paid more than what they told the home office. I have yet to submit my visa application as I have been waiting for the contract to arrive.
Speaking to UK visa helpline several times, i have got mixed responses, one person said it was fine as long its higher than the CoS and others said that the employer needs to change it.
Any thoughts, suggestion or past experiences to share?
has this happened to others?

I am at the position to accept a lower salary, i.e, change the contact to reflect the CoS and once in the UK, I can negotiate an appropriate salary

thank you
Carlos

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: CoS salary different (lower) than actual contract salary

Post by hassanh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi,

Did they tell you the reason why they are doing so?

If you have not applied for the visa then they can simply put a sponsors note on the cos mentioning that they have put the wrong salary and actual salary would be whatever amount it is.

Thanks,
Hassan

carlosallca
Newly Registered

Post by carlosallca » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:09 pm

thanks Hassan,
i don't the reason why they chose a lesser amount in the application. Maybe HR didn't speak to operations about salaries? or they just simply chose the 'experience' level SOC salary?
how does one add a sponsor note? in the SMS online platform? when they assign the CoS to me?
Thanks again
Carlos

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't know exactly how you add sponsors note but it is to be done from the SMS system and the user who uses the SMS system in that company must know how to do this.

Thanks,
Hassan

carlosallca
Newly Registered

Post by carlosallca » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:51 am

Thank you again Hassan.
I will let my employer know. There's an employers hotline they can call and ask, 0300 123 4699 Found out when I called the UKVI office.

Thanks
Carlos