ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start date delayed - Inspection Visit URGENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Start date delayed - Inspection Visit URGENT

Post by dialectic » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi everyone.

On late July I was granted my tier 2 General visa. I was ready to start working right away as some projects were coming in but my start date got delayed and those projects were put on hold. My sponsor company (A) was in the middle of negotiations and was about to be acquired by a multinational (B) (complete takeover) This process has been ongoing but it accelerated during that time. They asked me to hold as the multinational would be the company sponsoring me after doing the transfer and I would sign the contract directly with them and start working then. The projects were put on hold and talks were taking place regarding my transfer to them which seemed positive.

A couple of weeks later I was informed that the takeover didn't take place, which makes me a worker sponsored under the original smaller company (I am the only foreigner being sponsored). However, the fact that the takeover didn't happen, along with other things resulted in financial crisis, lost projects and a process of reorganising company paperwork. We discussed arrangements, delaying my start date until things got back to normal with the projects from new clients that were coming in the future, and be added to the payroll later. This was done verbally.

The HO wrote to the company last week in order to arrange a visit/inspection in a few weeks. And at this time I haven't started working properly or been added to the payroll. The HO person called the office to arrange the visit and when asked if they had foreign workers they said "no". They thought that was the best answer as I haven't been added as a worker yet (which makes things worse in my opinion as I am under their sponsorship).

I read this post which is the closest one I found to this particular situation and was wondering if something similar could be done or if there is a way to show them that the events that affected the company are genuine and that they will be needing me and counting on me shortly.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 78768.html

dialectic

Re: Start date delayed - Inspection Visit URGENT

Post by dialectic » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Anyone?